Coca Cola Rip Off

Options

Comments

• specialboy
    specialboy Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Okay - I'll ask the question first :) Where from ?

My local Farmfoods has had the offer on for a long time, normal price in Asda or Tesco is £9 but quite frequently they are reduced to £5 here too.
  • specialboy
    specialboy Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    Options
    Are the different sizes filled in different factories? I ask because I can taste a definite difference between the 1 litre bottles and the larger bottles, maybe it's the water source?
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    specialboy wrote: »
    Are the different sizes filled in different factories? I ask because I can taste a definite difference between the 1 litre bottles and the larger bottles, maybe it's the water source?

I think different factories, make different sizes. I know what you mean, a 2 litre bottle doesn't taste as good as a 1 litre. A can doesn't taste as good as a glass bottle. Must be water quality, as the concentrate gets imported from USA to each plant. Was a good Documentary about Coke on you tube.

As for the new bottle staying fizzy longer, don't know how, but have had a new bottle in fridge, since last Thursday and opened, came home last night, opened it and still as fizzy as when opened ! Why are Champagne bottles shaped as they are?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can feel my teeth rotting away just thinking about drinking Coca-Cola.

I don't touch the stuff.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If it was that bad for our health they wouldn't sell it & would ban it all together.

They still sell cigarettes.
  • Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Options
    I can feel my teeth rotting away just thinking about drinking Coca-Cola.

I don't touch the stuff.

Why are these myths still applicable in this day and age? Do you really sit there with a mouthful of coke swishing it around your teeth all day?
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    I wouldn't drink the stuff anyway, if it can take the tarnish off silver, god knows what its doing to your system.

Wonder what stomach acid does to tarnished silver?
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still not good for the teeth.
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    I run on caffine and there's no kettles when you work mobile.

2 litres of diet/max/zero coke/pepsi gets me through a day on the road, tried it with a 1.75 yesterday and I didn't get finished.

Luckily Pepsi haven't started doing this yet, although the supermarkets seem to have inflated the Pepsi prices to make you buy coke instead.

Pepsi's normally a quid or 2 for £2 in at least one of the discounters, failing that, pound shops, home bargains, etc.

Yes, I am an addict. But I'd rather be hooked on diet coke than alcohol/fags/drugs.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • LutonGirl
    LutonGirl Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Coca Cola tastes best when ice cold, out of an original glass contour bottle - preferably in a foreign country when on a lovely holiday.

Fanta is brighter orange and tastes better then too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure