Options
    Thanks k flybaby
    Nope did manage to drink today which is an improvement
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Meri you will love this

We have a blue angel clematis called Gordon (OHS dad)
    And I got some beautiful dahlias black foliage bright red flowers we called Joan (OHS mum)

Gordon has for the first time ever grown in a different direction and is intertwined with Joan.....
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    Awwwww - and they say plants don't have feelings!
    you will love this then............all the time my dad was alive his beloved Camellias NEVER flowered - all the buds dropped off (late frosts? though nowt else was affected). He died in the December and the following May all the bushes were smothered in flowers! and they have done so every year since! mum couldn't decide if they were honouring him or laughing at him!

You have been very restrained with the HA - who still insist on contacting you directly despite being told not to. but that is typical. just add it to your complaints of harassment for court hun.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    And lying, and getting figures wrong. The apology for delivering the notice twice 2 hours apart was pathetic so I may have seen red just a bit.

Honouring I think Meri. OH is delighted, it started with all the flowers being above Joan (even tho the sun is the other way)now they are cuddling.
  • meritaten
    Options
    oh melly - that is so sweet! it makes one wonder just WHY the marriage went bad? interference from jealous sis perhaps?
    Yes - I think they felt bad for not flowering for dad - so outdid themselves afterwards - though his ashes being sprinkled round their roots may have had something to do with it!

bluddy HAs think they are a law unto themselves - until they get hauled into court and find out they aren't.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    I think so. Then his dad had an affair they were sorting out and guess who stuck their poisonous beak in?

Joan never got over him and when he was dying it was Joan he asked for.

Sad is what it was.
  • mellymoo74
    edited 10 August 2015 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Said to OH they really think they can do whatever they like a bit like a cartel. I am stubborn couldn't fight them last time as MIL was diagnosed can and will now.
  • meritaten
    Options
    it isn't true that a good marriage cannot be broken by others - I have seen it myself. friends and others undermining a persons trust in the partner, and once trust is broken..............the other person can react badly and then its the end.
    I said before - I got the feeling it wasn't your MIL who was the 'catalyst' or the villain melly. she really 'felt' like a good person to me - but perhaps a bit gullible where her sis was concerned?

a comforting thought to our family is that mum is reunited with dad - I have to wonder if MIL is reunited with HER love? hence the unusual behaviour of your two 'lovebird' plants?
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    She passed with OH telling her his dad was waiting so possibly.

She was just hard and as I said really quite nasty to OH how much of that was fear I don't know.

It smells of her out there as well which is making OH smile.
  • meritaten
    edited 10 August 2015 at 10:14PM
    Options
    hard or had built a 'hard shell' around her? people who got hurt young do that melly. I think she had a 'soft centre'. hence the lovely Mr T cat and her telling your OH she loved him. and finally seeing her 'family' in their true colours. I think this woman was manipulated all her life and didn't realise it until on her deathbed. I may be wrong - but to me everything you said on here pointed to that. and though your OH has a quick temper, and says things he doesn't mean - it could be he is a 'chip off the family block'? his mum may have been the same? he can say hurtful things to YOU to cant he? and he regrets them later?

smells of her? interesting. I could smell night scented stock the other night which ALWAYS takes me back to my childhood as my dad grew it by the back door every year.............I LOVE that smell!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure