i just joined consumer pulse!!!!

Options

Comments

• monkeymo wrote: »
    I had the same message at 16.12 today but then had a message at 16.32 saying the previous message had been sent in error. I hope you got the second message too.

Looks like it was an error on their part...

funnily enough my message was sent around the same time which was 16.16. However i never got the 2nd message saying it was an error :( thanks though for the encouragment
  • Wolfhound
    Options
    Has anybody had their accounts closed? I have been with them since they started and have always added my shopping and been very grateful as i get vouchers every month. Just received an email from them and it says:

I regret that our latest check has shown that we have too many panel members in your region of the country, and that we will thus not be able to continue to collect information from you.

Thank you again for your co-operation.

I never expected this. Has anybody else had their accounts closed cos of this?

p.s also had £8.90 in my account so am also a bit well you know argh cos of this!!!

Hi Aberdeenlad, I got that message about a month ago. I was mad because that week I had been given extra birthday points and 500 points for a phone update. I had nearly twenty pounds in my account too.
    I emailed them and asked about the points, they told me to phone the office, a nice lady told me she would send me a ten pound voucher, so at least I got something back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I emailed them and asked about the points in my account. They said that since i never quite had £10, i was entitled to nothing since they closed my account. Oh well. I guess GOOD things do come to an end after all.
  • p_larkin99
    Options
    Well after over 2 years they decided to kick me off their panel with that same email. Total rubbish it is. Not like we have done anything wrong.

I ordered 30 quids worth of vouchers and they better be sending me them
  • dnl05
    dnl05 Posts: 164 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2009 at 6:49PM
    Options
    I've been with them for over 18 months and they just kicked me off the panel for the same reason: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif]we have too many panel members in your region of the country, and that we will thus not be able to continue to collect information from you."

That's fair enough, but they should have the decency to honour their loyal members with the vouchers that they are owed. I don't see why they can't let us redeem our points online and just bar us from entering any more shopping information. I have sent Consumer pulse a strongly worded email and I await their response.

If it helps anyone in the same situation as me, here is what I wrote:

[/FONT]Dear Consumer Pulse,

I have just received news that I am no longer needed on the Consumer pulse panel. I can understand and appreciate your reasons for this. However, I had accumulated points of approximately £*** worth of vouchers during a 12 month period as a Consumer pulse member, which I was planning to redeem. I feel shocked and cheated, as a result of the way Consumer pulse have closed my account without giving me any opportunity to redeem my points for vouchers. I should of at least been given the opportunity to redeem these vouchers before my account was closed. Consumer pulse were more than happy to use my personal time and the information that I dutifully gave them over the past year, but they have failed to honour the vouchers that I am owed in return for my time and co-operation. Consumer pulse are therefore breaching two of the terms in the MRS Code of Conduct, which Consumer pulse are part of.

As you are aware, the MRS Code of Conduct states that:

"4. Respondents’ cooperation is voluntary and must be based on adequate, and not misleading, information about the general purpose and nature of the project when their agreement to participate is being obtained and all such statements must be honoured"

and:

"5. The rights of respondents as private individuals will be respected by market researchers and they will not be harmed or disadvantaged as the result of cooperating in a market research project."

It is therefore only fair and reasonable that Consumer pulse ensures that I receive the amount of vouchers that I am owed. I believe that I am owed £*** worth of vouchers. I would like to receive these as **** vouchers please. I would be grateful if you could confirm this in writing.

If I do not receive the **** vouchers that I am owed through the post in the next 21 days, then I will make a formal complaint to the MRS regarding the way I have been treated as a result of Consumer pulse breaching Articles 4 and 5 of the MRS Code of Conduct.

I look forward to hearing from Consumer pulse shortly.

Yours faithfully,

So I'll see what kind of a result I get with this. If anyone else is affected by this, they are more than welcome to use the content of my email as a template.

HTH
  • p_larkin99
    Options
    Well they said they would honour my order of £30 worth of vouchers that I had waiting before they closed my account.

Thats the least I expect. What I dont expect is to be told that my loyalty to them means nothing.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Well they said they would honour my order of £30 worth of vouchers that I had waiting before they closed my account.

Thats the least I expect. What I dont expect is to be told that my loyalty to them means nothing.

I agree tottaly with you guys. Been with them since the very start, always enter our shopping, do all the surveys, update phone numbers when they request etc.

Very loyal and just get kicked off. I seriously doubt theres loads of consumer pulse members in aberdeen like they said

Just wanted to get rid of people and unfortunalty for us, it was us!!
  • crystal9
    crystal9 Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    anyone else got refere a friend link in their accounts? quite susprised to see it maybe just my area i live in
    have now given up smoking since feb 13th 2014 loving the money I'm saving
  • p_larkin99
    Options
    p_larkin99 wrote: »

I got these vouchers from them so thats something.

Just frustrating that my mum tells me now they are recruiting in my area :mad:
  • *_ash_*_2
    *_ash_*_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    crystal9 wrote: »
    anyone else got refere a friend link in their accounts? quite susprised to see it maybe just my area i live in

yh eveyone got chance to refer people they want to to get draw enteries,u can post in referral thread here
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback