Journey to Debt Freedom AGAIN & my wee 2018 hoose..............

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haha god knows, I seen one on the news recently.

Guy set up a page looking for donations to make a $10 potato salad & had had over $3k donations.

I will say though that I am not that desperate for money just yet LOL

Been having a wee look at houses online tonight, want to move soon. Will be renting again until we are able to buy.

I am off to bed, sooooooooooooooo tired. Was up watching homeland till about 1.30am then up again at 6.45 for work.

Catch up with you tomorrow.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morninggggggggggggg,

Called to change my car payment to the 1st of the month.

The payment that is usually due 15th wont come out now so I have a payment free month - wooooooooooooo hoo!!!

Dont really trust that 100% but what I will do is wait till the 18th & if the money is still in my account then I will just get that paid towards my credit card - yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Getting my life organised feels good!

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok so I had a free month with the car payment but as per wasnt really sensible with the money so didnt even notice it!

Cant check my credit card balance as the website is down for maintenance & I feel lost! I love checking it every day - I need it backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

It will be up & running tomorrow so first thing will be to check that. Have been spending when I shouldnt be on it - uh ohhhhhhhhhhh

Kinda went a wee bit DFW crazy & paid off a load to my credit cards this month then remembered that we are moving house & need to pay month rent & deposit so that will need to go on the credit card now. Only for a few days though as we move on the Monday & get paid on the Friday.

Phewwwwwwwwwwwww thank god we have the credit card still - saved my bacon.

On the weight front its gone up up upppppppppppp & I joined back Slimming World this week. I know it just costs more money but I need to be going it is for my health so will be worth it.

Alsooooooooooo on the home front we now have less debt & zero savings. It just didnt make sense to me to have that money in the bank while sitting with debt so we used it to pay off the credit cards.

Gonna just chip away at the debt & when it is gone start building up the savings again.

Dxxx
  • Update

Ok so this year has been kinda up & down.

The debt went up to £5009.88 but is now £1800.00. I did have savings for the house but used that to get rid of the debt.

The weight went up aswell & the highest was 16st 7lbs :(
    It is now 16st 2lbs since I hauled this lardy bahookie back to slimming world. The long road has started & I am gonna be a good healthy weight by April 2016 :p

The house savings are gonna start again in January & will be at £20k by 2020. Then the house purchasing will commence!

Adding to that my BFF is now getting hitched in Vegas in 2016, Was planning to go back there in September 2016 anyway so kill 2 birds with 1 stone but now the saving has to start for that. Will be away 2 weeks & lets face it Vegas is not cheap & I want to splurge when I am there anyway so the plan is this
    >

From 1st October 2014 will be saving £420.00 per month to the Vegas fund - Totalling £10k which will pay for the holiday & all the $$$ we need when we are there.

From 1st October 2014 get rid of the £1800.00 which is all the debt we have remaining.

From 1st January 2015 will be saving £330.00 per month for the house! 2020 will be purchasing.

This is different to the original plan but I will be damned if it changes again :rotfl:

So here's to the new plan - I love a plan me:T

Dxxx
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr just realised I have BNPL with the catalogue that is due up 14/11/2014 for my kindle, Need to make sure I keep that in the budget for next month.

Dxx
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:12PM
    Options
    I also love a good plan dolly rocker.
    :D

Will be having a nosey every now and again as I am kinda in the same boat, trying to lose lots of weight (70lbs) and trying to eliminate the debt.
    My savings start after the debt is gone though. Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    ;)

Good luck with everything.
    :)
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • It just make you feel better when you have a list LOL

I love it!

Oh the weight thing, I will be debt free before I am slim thats for sure.

Hey ho we will plod on with it all though.

Thankssssssssssssss

Dxxx
  • Oh so here it is all the details black & white - no fibs.

This is the first time I have actually looked at the whole debt in total in ages & its easy how those wee purchases all add up to a whole lot of debt :(

No more lying to myself about it, its time to come clean & get it sorted again.

SCC - £330.07
    BCC - £1800.00
    HCC - £635.52
    Isme - £488.55

TOTAL - £3254.14

:wall:

I just realised that without really even thinking about it that a load of stuff we "needed" when we moved went on catalogues & credit cards & I am like what am I doing???

This is how I got into this situation in the first place all this stupid shopping without thinking of how am I going to pay for this in the long run.

I do not count my car as debt as this is something that I do need & use.

I ALMOST booked a blooming holiday on the credit card last night aswell & I had my card details entered then this moment of clarity kicked in & I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it.

This is what made me actually give myself the kick up the bottom to get all this down.

Phewwwwwwwwwwww its all out in the open now I feel so much better :rotfl:

I am defo gonna be on here more regularly, Monthly updates & all that jazzicles are the way forward in life.

Dxxx
  • I have some OT on Friday - woo hoooooooooooooo

My OH is 40 next year & I would love to take him to Germany so the OT is gonna hopefully be a regular thing & will pay for that.

Here's hoping.

God I dont half have a lot of plans now LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dxxx
  • Head is still full of positive vibes.

Got myself a new notepad - love it.

Written down my weekly savings goals to meet my targets & also all of the debt & how much I am gonna be paying to each month.

I know that I am not going to be debt free by Christmas this year but do you know what its no bid deal.

It will be gone next year & it will never return EVERRRRRRRRRRRR

Then the plan will go from debt paying to ultimate hoose saving!

Excited to see this all go in the right direction & my mindset is great.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport