Dodgy Pension Trustee

Options

Comments

• Davnik
    Davnik Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    L35Cl053 wrote: »
    I've been in touch with a person from Taurus, Mr Andrew Moon, who has said,"is on my side" don't like the sound of this, however, he has said Mark Harris will send all historical statements for people who have not got them! I've said one way or another I want to know if the funds are intact or are they lost as I will not let this lie! This week I will have some news, but evidently the only way is too give this fellow a knock on his door. I have mentioned to Andrew Moon that this forum exists and had he viewed it? He has done, so at least there could be a bit more information. Keep digging and put pressure on these people!

Andrew Moon was the one who managed to get Harris to send me this year's statement. I have had to chase Harris up every year for a statement. Only two and a half years to go thank God!
    I told Andrew Moon that I feared I would have trouble accessing my funds when they matured if Harris is anything to do with it. He replied that I shouldn't have a problem as technically then I shouldn't have to go through Harris.
    We shall see!
  • MrUnhappy
    MrUnhappy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maybe Paul (shortnbald) could post the address of Mr Harris to aid all the other people who are trying to trace the illusive Harris who doesn't have a contact number or when he does it changes every couple of weeks when it becomes unavailable and whose business email address is a gmail account.
    Or is it the Cowbridge one?
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or pass it on the the authorities?

Seems pointless in them posting otherwise? Unless they are a Ha Ha! I am better than you type?
  • Davnik
    Options
    atush wrote: »
    Or pass it on the the authorities?

Seems pointless in them posting otherwise? Unless they are a Ha Ha! I am better than you type?

Agree those sort of posts aren't helpful. Publish his address if you really want to help, rather than make cryptic comments.
  • Truth_is_..
    Options
    I have eventually found his address by finding that he lives in Corntown which I believe is near Bridgend in Wales.

Look up Mark Harris Corntown on the internet, it will come up with his address. This is in the public domain as a companies house details , so no one can get in trouble passing it on.
  • MrUnhappy
    MrUnhappy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mark Harris
    Beech House
    Corntown Road
    Corntown
    Vale of Glamorgan
    CF35 5BG

This was not the address Mr Harris provided us with for any relevant paperwork to be forwarded to, this was given as:-

Mark Harris
    1 Grove Road
    Llandow
    Cowbridge
    CF57 7NY

Please note all correspondence sent to this address was returned by Royal Mail as "Addressee unknown"

The Corntown address has now been forwarded on to South Wales Police and The Pensions Regulator
  • Davnik
    Options
    MrUnhappy wrote: »
    Mark Harris
    Beech House
    Corntown Road
    Corntown
    Vale of Glamorgan
    CF35 5BG

This was not the address Mr Harris provided us with for any relevant paperwork to be forwarded to, this was given as:-

Mark Harris
    1 Grove Road
    Llandow
    Cowbridge
    CF57 7NY

Please note all correspondence sent to this address was returned by Royal Mail as "Addressee unknown"

The Corntown address has now been forwarded on to South Wales Police and The Pensions Regulator

I await developments with interest. However I suspect I will still be waiting in six months time.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    According to Companies House, the correct address to serve notice on Harris is

4 Aleaxandra Road
    Gorseinon
    Swansea
    SA4 4NW.

If you send a first class letter to him there and get proof of posting (free from the Post Office) a court will normally deem it to have been received two working days later.

According to Companies House, he is also a solicitor - see here. So you might wish to draw his conduct to the attention of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

However, I suspect you will never see your money again as the Pensions Ombudsman has ruled against his firm and he never responded.

Personally, I think your next port of call probably needs to be ActionFraud, I'm afraid. This is hardly a surprise as he Swansea has gained itself a reputation for fraud.
  • DINKYDALTON
    Options
    Anyone who has funds with this company will be lucky to see any of there money again. I have empathy, but the truth is you could have selected a regulated SIPP, and been protected, but no one would have given you the guaranteed growth he quotes, because those products don't exist. As he isn't regulated he can quote you what he wants because he doesn't have a regulated status to protect.
    Here the empathy ends, IFA's pay good money to be regulated. Our qualifications are recognized as being at degree level and above. We get paid for our expertise and we are fully accountable. People think we should work for free, while they don't. If you get ripped of through your own greed and arrogance, blame the face in the mirror, because you have a choice. No one forced you to be a greedy smart !!!!, by simply checking on Trust net you could have avoided the whole problem.
    Empathy back on, you need to connect with other victims, because that is what you are. This will be a criminal fraud investigation and the gang( which is likely who he answers to), will have limited legitimate assets traceable to him, in that they are his assets. it will be a long, long, road.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback