Dodgy Pension Trustee

Options

Comments

• gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    "It can happen to anyone" that is what I keep reminding myself. We can all feel very smug that we have not handed over a large amount of our hard earned cash to a crook never to see it again, but it can happen. We must all stay on our guard as there are many evil people out there who prefer to rob and steal to working hard to earn money.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Davnik
    Davnik Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Harris seems to have wriggled out of being called to account yet again.
    I suppose one day his unprofessionalism will hopefully eventually catch up with him. The wheels of justice move infuriatingly slowly whilst it seems the media pick and choose who they wish to investigate.
    However I will never give up.
  • compliance1234
    Options
    AC Management / Green Footprint have called the Green Retirement Plan as an occupational pension scheme and therefore it won't be regulated by the FCA. Try contacting TPR (the Pensions Regulator) instead...
  • Davnik
    Options
    Well this thread appears to have died a death and Harris continues to get away with it.

I have written to everyone I can including: Action Fraud, the SRA, the Pensions Ombudsman, and the media (Mail Money, BBC Watchdog both twice who don't even have the courtesy to reply) and got nowhere.

Just now going to have to wait two and a half years until the investment matures, and when I inevitably don't receive it will contact the police directly as Action Fraud appear useless.
  • Davnik
    Options
    Also it appears that most of you who have been conned by Harris appear happy to let him get away with it. Otherwise we could have organised some joint action against him. For a start many voices carry more weight with Watchdog than does one.
  • ShortnBald
    Options
    Hi. New to this site and threads. My names Paul. I read with great intrest everyones thoughts and concerns.
    I also have a pension that has been moved across . In short I refrained from posting took a more direct approach.
    On Saturday I turned up on Mr Mark Haris's door step. Id been chassing for info since 2013/14. Its cost me money to locate/visit Mr Harris, but im now a fare wiser person on the subject of pensions. Also far easier chatting face to face. Suspect from now on when I make the offer of meeting up....an office location will be made avalibe. Regards Paul
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Davnik wrote: »
    Well this thread appears to have died a death and Harris continues to get away with it.

I have written to everyone I can including: Action Fraud, the SRA, the Pensions Ombudsman, and the media (Mail Money, BBC Watchdog both twice who don't even have the courtesy to reply) and got nowhere.

Just now going to have to wait two and a half years until the investment matures, and when I inevitably don't receive it will contact the police directly as Action Fraud appear useless.

Just think, had you put more effort into checking his bonafides as you have tracking him, you would never have handed over your cash?

Let that be the lesson to others
  • Davnik
    edited 23 June 2015 at 9:46AM
    Options
    atush wrote: »
    Just think, had you put more effort into checking his bonafides as you have tracking him, you would never have handed over your cash?

Let that be the lesson to others

When the pension was transferred Harris wasn't a factor. I received advice from a FCA registered independent advisor and it was not until the pension was transferred that I learnt Harris was the trustee. It wasn't until a few months later that I discovered how bad he was. So please don't suggest I should have checked him when I wasn't even aware he would become my trustee.
  • Davnik
    Options
    ShortnBald wrote: »
    Hi. New to this site and threads. My names Paul. I read with great intrest everyones thoughts and concerns.
    I also have a pension that has been moved across . In short I refrained from posting took a more direct approach.
    On Saturday I turned up on Mr Mark Haris's door step. Id been chassing for info since 2013/14. Its cost me money to locate/visit Mr Harris, but im now a fare wiser person on the subject of pensions. Also far easier chatting face to face. Suspect from now on when I make the offer of meeting up....an office location will be made avalibe. Regards Paul

Could you be less cryptic and more explicit please? For a start what exactly do you mean by being far wiser on the subject of pensions?
  • L35Cl053
    L35Cl053 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I've been in touch with a person from Taurus, Mr Andrew Moon, who has said,"is on my side" don't like the sound of this, however, he has said Mark Harris will send all historical statements for people who have not got them! I've said one way or another I want to know if the funds are intact or are they lost as I will not let this lie! This week I will have some news, but evidently the only way is too give this fellow a knock on his door. I have mentioned to Andrew Moon that this forum exists and had he viewed it? He has done, so at least there could be a bit more information. Keep digging and put pressure on these people!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback