April’s 2014 BR Club

Options

Comments

• mill1980
    mill1980 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Well the cheque for the fee cleared today! Hopefully a letter waiting for me when I get home. Today may be the day!!
  • mill1980
    edited 25 April 2014 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Ps I'm quite shocked at the differences in the English and scottish process and cost. All I've had to do is fill in a form get my certificate of sequestration and pay £200 it's not been as complex as I was expecting it to be. maybe because I've spent the best part of 6 months preparing properly for it and working with step change that it's been a bit smoother. Just an observation that surprises me when I read other ppls stories on here that the differences in processes are quite vast.
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mill1980 wrote: »
    Well the cheque for the fee cleared today! Hopefully a letter waiting for me when I get home. Today may be the day!!

I'll add you to post one, but do let me know when you receive the letter :beer:
    Ps I'm quite shocked at the differences in the English and scottish process and cost. All I've had to do is fill in a form get my certificate of sequestration and pay £200 it's not been as complex as I was expecting it to be. maybe because I've spent the best part of 6 months preparing properly for it and working with step change that it's been a bit smoother. Just an observation that surprises me when I read other ppls stories on here that the differences in processes are quite vast.

I know, it's so different and I feel so bad on here that I cannot advise a Scottish poster, as I'm never 100% sure of the answer!!

Bestest
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • mill1980
    Options
    It official! Letter there when I got home back dated from 17th April so I'm a over a in week already! Along with the letter from the appointed administrator. Only thing is they've out the wrong address down gggrrrr! So much for them checking your identity based on address history etc got that completely wrong did they even though I've put the right address on the form! Hey ho I will call them on Monday to put them straight!
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It official! Letter there when I got home back dated from 17th April so I'm a over a in week already! Along with the letter from the appointed administrator. Only thing is they've out the wrong address down gggrrrr! So much for them checking your identity based on address history etc got that completely wrong did they even though I've put the right address on the form! Hey ho I will call them on Monday to put them straight!

I am pleased mill1980 and I'll change your date to the 17th.

Here's to your new start and you tell 'em on Monday :D:p

IF

CONGRATULATIONS.gif
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump.............:starmod:
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump............:staradmin
  • Edenfamily2014
    Options
    Hi all

Hope all the april bankrupts are doing well

We are good, I have a question.
    We were told that my husband would get a nil tax code and we would have to pay £60 a month to the OR starting as soon as the NIl tcode is applied,
    Well its now august and we have had notification that the code will be applied soon.
    Can someone tell me what will happen next
    The letter from HMRC says that there will be a refund.. paid on next wages
    What happens there as we have a broken car and the monies could be a huge blessing to us

any ideas ? thanks in advance
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    The money will go to your O.R usually a direct debit /standing order is set up with who ever collects on their behalf, mine was my trustee, but sorry the refund will go too
  • Edenfamily2014
    Options
    I would say thats not really fair

Because we have been asked to pay back 60 a month, which leaves is with a little extra money each month, towards bills ect..
    If the nil tax code had been applied at point of bankrupt , there wouldnt be such a big refund due, its nearly a grand that will be due
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure