April’s 2014 BR Club

Options

Comments

• thinkpositive1
    Options
    Let me know your date and I will add your name to post one :beer:
    Best wishes
    IF

All booked in for next Thursday morning in court.

I am really nervous but I know that people using the forum (and others) have been a lifeline of support in recent weeks whilst going through the turmoil of what is best to do for me.

Not proud of getting to this point in my life and scared of the OR interview that will be coming my way..but looking forward to a fresh start soon!
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All booked in for next Thursday morning in court.

I am really nervous but I know that people using the forum (and others) have been a lifeline of support in recent weeks whilst going through the turmoil of what is best to do for me.

Not proud of getting to this point in my life and scared of the OR interview that will be coming my way..but looking forward to a fresh start soon!

Hi thinkpositive1 and welcome to April's BR Club, I've added you to post one.

You are going to be fine, honest ;)
    Do let us know how you get on and will be thinking of you on Thursday :beer:
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thinkpositive1, I nearly forgot....

My checklist, what to take to court :-

- Your two copies of 6.27 and 6.28 and the Originals, do not sign them, you do this in front of the clerk. Your completed EX160 if applicable and any benefit letters/forms etc as proof (Important - letters have to be dated within one month of your court date and no later).

- Money for bankruptcy fees.

- Spare change for coffee machine.

- Paper or magazine to read while waiting.

- Change for car park.

- Optional a friend to chat to/hold hand.

NB Do ring the BR Clerk at your court as to what they require from you, as it does differ from court to court.

IF
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump........:starmod:
  • thinkpositive1
    Options
    Really stressing about going to court tomorrow but what I do know is my CAB Advisor kindly phoned me today to give me feedback on my draft Form 6.28 saying it was one of the best she'd ever seen and gave a couple of useful pointers and I also know I have explored every possible option (and half option) to ensure BR was the only way for me to go.

Got me £700 ready, just finishing edits to the form and will probably have another sleepless night tonight but there is some relief and light ahead I am sure.
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Really stressing about going to court tomorrow but what I do know is my CAB Advisor kindly phoned me today to give me feedback on my draft Form 6.28 saying it was one of the best she'd ever seen and gave a couple of useful pointers and I also know I have explored every possible option (and half option) to ensure BR was the only way for me to go.

Got me £700 ready, just finishing edits to the form and will probably have another sleepless night tonight but there is some relief and light ahead I am sure.

Deep breaths and you will be fine, you sound very organised. Hope you can sleep a bit tonight and I will be thinking of you tomorrow, do let us know how you get on.

Bestest
    IF
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump..........:staradmin
  • thinkpositive1
    Options
    What a farce. :mad:

Went to court, waited to see the court clerk (?) and because my IVA has yet to be terminated I cannot yet submit my bankruptcy petition as I technically in a legal arrangement!!

No-one told me.

Really cheesed off my IP (who I spoke to yesterday) and CAB had not alerted me to this.

As I am in breach of my IVA (quite a few months unpaid payments), there is a creditors' "meeting" coming up which will lead to the termination but I had no idea this had to be done

What a waste of time and having built up to going to court today to get BR moving, it feels a real pain in the butt.
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a farce. :mad:

Went to court, waited to see the court clerk (?) and because my IVA has yet to be terminated I cannot yet submit my bankruptcy petition as I technically in a legal arrangement!!

No-one told me.

Really cheesed off my IP (who I spoke to yesterday) and CAB had not alerted me to this.

As I am in breach of my IVA (quite a few months unpaid payments), there is a creditors' "meeting" coming up which will lead to the termination but I had no idea this had to be done

What a waste of time and having built up to going to court today to get BR moving, it feels a real pain in the butt.

Oh no.......I am so sorry TP1, I can't believe CAB and you IP, failed to mention this :(

But another few weeks and you can do it again, don't lose heart :A

IF
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :staradmin Hi Everyone and Welcome to the April’s 2014 Bankruptcy Club :staradmin

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during April 2014. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.
    Remember this is your board so keep posting :hello:

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

Best wishes
    IF

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills