IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump............:staradmin
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Edenfamily2014
    Options
    Hey :)
    Well it was both me and my husband going bankrupt. We arrived for our appointments and saw the clerk at the desk, she ran through the papers,clarified 1 or 2 things and then had us sign the truth forms and the rest of the form.
    We were then told to come back at 11.55 to the district judge office. We went for a coffee and the worlds best bacon sandwich ever. Came back at 11.40 and were called in together at 12.10.
    We saw the judge and he ran through our papers, checked my husbands wage, questioned an IVA and then said that, that wouldn't work,so declared him bankrupt. Turned to me, said to me, you don't work, so no Iva, I declare you BR at 12.25. It was a surreal moment and he was lovely and down to earth. He explained briefly about the OR and then that was it. We then went back through to the clerk to collect our papers and that was it ...
    Still feel weird but good :)
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey :)
    Well it was both me and my husband going bankrupt. We arrived for our appointments and saw the clerk at the desk, she ran through the papers,clarified 1 or 2 things and then had us sign the truth forms and the rest of the form.
    We were then told to come back at 11.55 to the district judge office. We went for a coffee and the worlds best bacon sandwich ever. Came back at 11.40 and were called in together at 12.10.
    We saw the judge and he ran through our papers, checked my husbands wage, questioned an IVA and then said that, that wouldn't work,so declared him bankrupt. Turned to me, said to me, you don't work, so no Iva, I declare you BR at 12.25. It was a surreal moment and he was lovely and down to earth. He explained briefly about the OR and then that was it. We then went back through to the clerk to collect our papers and that was it ...
    Still feel weird but good :)

Hiya Edenfamily2014, I'm so pleased all went well and here's to your new start :beer:
    Bestest
    IF

congrats22.gif
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump.............:starmod:
  • Denzel1989
    Denzel1989 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Was declared bankrupt today at approx 2.10pm.

Rather surreal, i think i nearly shed a tear as i walked back to my van.....shhh dont tell anyone!
  • Denzel1989
    Denzel1989 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Also saved myself having to find the court fees with the EX160 form :)

By the way the court fees have gone up to £180.00 from £175.00, the OR fees are still £525.00
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was declared bankrupt today at approx 2.10pm.

Rather surreal, i think i nearly shed a tear as i walked back to my van.....shhh dont tell anyone!

Hiya Daniel and welcome to April's BR Club, I've added your name to post one. Here's to your new start :beer:
    Also saved myself having to find the court fees with the EX160 form :)

By the way the court fees have gone up to £180.00 from £175.00, the OR fees are still £525.00

Thank you

Best wishes
    IF

mbh4p0.gif
  • Edenfamily2014
    Options
    Congratulations !!

Its still surreal to us too ! Yes the fee's went up, we had cheques for £700 but had to pay another £5 each :) Which was lucky as I had a fiver on me !
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump.............:starmod:
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :staradmin Hi Everyone and Welcome to the April’s 2014 Bankruptcy Club :staradmin

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during April 2014. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.
    Remember this is your board so keep posting :hello:

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

Best wishes
    IF

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills