OVIVO gone ! : Where to go next ?

Options

Comments

• Herongull
    Herongull Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nivea wrote: »
    I'm sorry for asking what may appear to be a silly question, but who are they? :huh:

I've never heard of them before.

Looking at their terms and conditions, they say they are "S A Administration and Support Services Limited"

Only trouble is I can't find any such company at Companies House :eek:

They also refer to themselves as simply "S A Services Limited" which is registered at companies house, but they say they offer plumbing services! :eek:

A whois on the domain name throws up an entirely different company, but I fear they are just the website designers.

They seem to be an Irish company that has been going 13 years
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Sa-Administration-And-Support-Services-Limited-339916
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm sorry for asking what may appear to be a silly question, but who are they? :huh:

Looking at their terms and conditions, they say they are "S A Administration and Support Services Limited"

Only trouble is I can't find any such company at Companies House :eek:

They also refer to themselves as simply "S A Services Limited" which is registered at companies house, but they say they offer plumbing services! :eek:

A whois on the domain name throws up an entirely different company, but I fear they are just the website designers.

Not all companies that operate here are registered here, could be Scotland and registered in Scotland.

In this case it is Dublin

http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=339916&type=C
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Giffgaff 10p a minute is expensive for low users.

But you do have the advantage of Free Freephone 0500/0800/0808 calls so you can use the likes of http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php for cheaper calls in many cases.

10p a minute is Ok for me because I AM a low user. I think spending £10 every 4-6 months puts me in the 'low user' bracket.

Yes, I use 1899 to ring my sister in America from my mobile
    http://www.1899.com/index2.php
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
    Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options

White mobile were launched in Dec 2012 by one of the guys who brought Virgin Mobile to the market.

See this for info http://mobilenetworkcomparison.org.uk/white-mobile-interview/
  • CaptainHaddock_2
    Options
    I had two Ovivo SIMs - one in a tablet for data, and one in my phone. I have gone with Three 321 PAYG for the tablet and White for the phone (mostly because Three has such poor coverage in my town, otherwise I might have gone with Three in both). I have also got a spare White SIM for the OH so we can call each other for free.

Will report back if I have any significantly poor or positive experiences...
  • Herongull
    Options
    Ypaymore wrote: »
    Doh Why do i bother.

Guess what i am aware 3 is cheaper and its already been recommended in this thread, but i clearly say alternatives to 3 on alternative networks in my post dont i. Because some people dont have 3 compatible phones as posted in this thread and some people cant get 3 signal and some dont want to use them.

Another reason for considering non-3 PAYG is that AFAIK 3 2 1 doesn't have free calls and texts within network. If you have a family that needs to move to a network after Ovivo went down and most of their calls and texts were within the family, then alternatives such as White have an advantage over 3.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have gone with Three 321 PAYG for the tablet ...
    I guess the 1p/minute rate kicks in after any initial credit has expired.

That sounds attractive for my dongle, currently Ovivo :( intended to replace my rarely used Three (out-of-)contract which I have not yet cancelled.

My question: can I use a 3-2-1 SIM in my dongle? Thanks.
  • jagorcevina
    Options
    For light users simplecallmobile is the perfect. I am using them, the rates are : 3p landline, 4p mobile, 5p sms, 3p voicemail.:T They work on Orange network. I have 20 calls per months, 20-30 messages and couple international calls, and I spend no more than 5 pounds. Some of my friends use Kontakt mobile, and they are very pleased (they work on Vodafone network).

And Family mobile seems nice for people who rarely use mobile, and I heard they have good customer service.

On market you can find a lot MVNO, here is just few which seems interesting :giffgaff; now mobile; talkxtramobile; econet mobile; icard mobile; donate mobile; wildlife mobile; white mobile; talkhomemobile; allpay mobile; maxroam; simfiniti; rspca.

Just check what is best option for you.

Personally I would avoid lyca, I had really unpleasant situations with them.
  • Herongull
    Options
    With 3 2 1 how can you see a breakdown of how your credit was spent? Eg calls to number xxxx texts to yyyyy
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Until mid-day today I was still receiving calls on Ovivo.At that point my number ported to 3..
    I'm surprised Vodafone haven't switched everyone off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport