Forum Home» Energy

Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy - Page 305

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Energy
3.1K replies 504.6K views

Replies

• D125D125 Forumite
    1 posts
    Just had a great deal from this company for a year's electricity contract which beats all the household names..... but I've not heard of them before. Has anyone heard of them or used them? Thanks :)

We left ExtraEnergy over 18 months ago and despite continual reassurances that our accounts have been closed/deleted (apologies and compensation), we are still getting Bills & 'finaldebt' emails. We are going to contact the Ombudsman tomorrow to try and get them to stop! :mad:
  • footyguy wrote: »
    What brings you to that assumption??? :huh:
    http://www.extraenergy.com/home/faq/complaints
    It's NOT an assumption, it's what they told me!
  • edited 26 February 2018 at 7:55PM
    regis598regis598 Forumite
    56 posts
    edited 26 February 2018 at 7:55PM
    From my own personal experience Ombudsman Services-Energy are no better than Extra Energy. They demand non-existent paperwork and will not accept what the complainant tells them. When I made the complaint to EE they sent a letter confirming the complaint had been made and supplied a reference number. I also received ONE phone call from the person dealing with the complaint advising me that she would ring me back TWO days later. She did not ring back and I received no further communications from EE, therefore I was unable to send any other paperwork to OS-E.

During a phone call five months later I was informed by EE that I had never ever made a complaint, despite a document stating that I had. I hope this clarifies the situation.

Bearing in mind that they are funded by the energy companies one has to question their independence.
  • Flt._Lt._BigglesFlt._Lt._Biggles Forumite
    300 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    regis598 wrote: »
    From my own personal experience Ombudsman Services-Energy are no better than Extra Energy. They demand non-existent paperwork and will not accept what the complainant tells them.

Bearing in mind that they are funded by the energy companies one has to question their independence.

Disgusting innit?

The Ombudsman Service should take the word of any complainant, and not expect, let alone require, any supporting evidence whatsoever.

A mininum compo of at least £1000 per complaint should be awarded to the complainer .

Perhaps we should start our own consumer funded service to rival that of the ombudsman, eh? How much you willing to pay...?
  • Disgusting innit?

The Ombudsman Service should take the word of any complainant, and not expect, let alone require, any supporting evidence whatsoever.

A mininum compo of at least £1000 per complaint should be awarded to the complainer .

Perhaps we should start our own consumer funded service to rival that of the ombudsman, eh? How much you willing to pay...?
    The playground is over there just past the double doors on your right assuming you know which is your right at your age?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • EE are the worst company I've ever dealt with and are still up to their nasty tricks.

I left in 2014 with EE owing me £100+ overpayments. It took nearly 6 months and many hours of effort and eventual Ombudsman involvement with a catalogue of errors from both of them before I got that money back plus some small compensation.

Today I have had a new bill, after some threatening phone calls from EE saying I owe them money.

They appear to be saying they paid the refund + compensation twice, the second payment in 2016, months after I'd cancelled the Direct Debit.

My records show I didn't receive that payment but I may have to pay to get bank statement copies to prove it, copies I don't want to send to them for obvious reasons.

I've disputed the bill but the phone calls said that it would go on my Credit History so I am concerned. I can foresee a legal battle.

In summary they are still a BAD company to be with. You will probably be OK but wait until they make their billing mistakes or if you leave them when they owe you money.
  • I-LOV-MONEYI-LOV-MONEY Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    How about asking them to prove they sent you the payment twice?
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • Extra Energy are at it again. 28 months after leaving them in September 2015 (I initially thought it was 2016, but it was 2015!), they called and said I had a balance to pay of £38.75, I said I had had no invoice, so they said they would send me a full invoice. It was dated 1st Feb 2018 and arrived on the 7th. You should see it, so many debits and counter credits it's almost impossible to fathom. Anyway, I got an email asking me to call a credit collection agency "regarding Extra Energy" yesterday, so I did. In the course of the conversation, it became apparent that instead of £38.75, EE told the agency the sum was £98.44 on exactly the same day, 1st Feb 2018. I sent pictures of the invoice to the very polite young man, and he stated he would contact EE and the debt was now on hold. In the meantime I had a very helpful chat with the ombudsman's office, who were prepared to open a "holding reference" and take some details, which suggests to me they do not expect EE to deal with the complaint. Anyway, I've just finished writing a letter setting out the headings of my complaint and my expected outcomes, which I've emailed to EE, and I'm about to pop off through the snow to the post office to post the hard copies "signed for".

Luckily, I'm one of those people who does everything in writing and keeps excellent records, including a previous letter requesting a final account, which was ignored, back in 2015, and monthly readings going back years, all spreadsheeted out, showing my energy costs.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • I think this is why Ofgem were prepared to open a "holding reference":

SLC 27.17 requires licensees supplying energy to domestic consumers to take all reasonable steps to send a final bill or statement of account within 6 weeks of termination or transfer of supply.

It's from the standard licensing conditions for licencees.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • lisa110rry wrote: »
    I think this is why Ofgem were prepared to open a "holding reference":

You should see it, so many debits and counter credits it's almost impossible to fathom.

SLC 27.17 requires licensees supplying energy to domestic consumers to take all reasonable steps to send a final bill or statement of account within 6 weeks of termination or transfer of supply.

It's from the standard licensing conditions for licencees.

I've been sent 3 bills all saying "Final Bill" all for the period ending 25/12/2014

The first in April 2015 showed a credit of £142 which was accurate.

Another identical one in June 2015 but by this time I'd been paid my refund plus the compensation requested by the ombudsman after a long battle with EE.

The latest this February 2018 and similar to lisa110rry "You should see it, so many debits and counter credits it's almost impossible to fathom." demanding the £212 they think has been paid to me twice.

I have asked them to prove that payment but past experience is that they promise but don't deliver.

It will be interesting to see what happens but I don't expect it to be nice.

EE was my first experience with a small energy company. It's taken me 3 years to risk another one - Bulb. All good with them so far.