Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• Mwnci_Bach
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »

You'll need to wait until your final bill is produced (as that is the only way the supplier knows what is owed), and if you are due a reimbusement, EE usually then pay that within 10 working days of that final bill. (Issue may be how long they take to produce that final bill though ;) and whether or not you agree with it)

I'm going to cancel the Direct Debits anyway - I'm not going to risk them getting more money out of me and I'll take my chances. I think it's an absolute disgrace that they haven't been shut down and have been allowed to con more and more innocent people.
  • Mwnci_Bach
    Options
    GeoffN wrote: »
    Really cheap electricity! Here's a good tip if you use them Their back office operation is not too smart, and when you look at your record of payments and charges you will see that (if you use monthly direct debit) you are well in credit Beware - they have only been entering charges every 6 months, and are just now (Jan 2017) going over to 3 monthly charging
    When you give them your monthly meter reading, use the phone - AND then ask for a bill; this way, you will get a charge in your account listing and you can see how much over or under your DD is compared against your usage
    And finally, you won't be able to see a listing of your readings on their website, so set up your own file at home to keep a record in
    My new tariff is saving me over £100 versus the Coop, which is the next cheapest on Money Supermarket. Recommended

You must work for this cowboy outfit!
  • Sandybanks
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    [EMAIL="customercare@extraenergy.com"]customercare@extraenergy.com[/EMAIL]

This is the email address that should be used to contact those
    in authority at the company that can make decisions and resolve customer complaints. :)

As explained in the complaint procedure
    http://www.extraenergy.com/home/faq/complaints

Unfortunately, as im sure other customers will confirm emails to this email address get an instant acknowledgement reply and not always a reply to the question or query you raised. I would say less than 50% are answered. Perhaps you have been sensible enough not to have been a customer!
  • Sandybanks
    Sandybanks Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 January 2017 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Mwnci_Bach wrote: »
    Try:-

(Email address removed by forum team)

My Year Fixed Term Contract is up with them at the end of Feb 2017 and I've requested to switch Supplier. I've calculated that I should be approximately £50-60 in credit at the end of the Contract, but I doubt I'll see any of that. I'm planning to cancel my EE Direct Debits so that they can't get any more money out of me. Has anyone got any tips and am I ok to cancel the Direct Debits off my own bat? Thanks in Advance!

I always cancel my direct debits at the end of my accounts just to be safe and if there is anything outstanding the supplier sends me a bill when they have sorted it which can be some time with some suppliers. This has always worked in the past. However with Extra Energy cancelling the direct debit sent their computer into overdrive and it recharged my account with past billed amounts that I had paid and came up with an amount in excess of what it would have been happy with to if the final direct debits had happened. Even though i paid the final direct debits by cash via the Post Office and their system has put them on the account I am being chased by a Debit Collection Agency for an amount I don't owe. Based on this I would say if you know you have enough money on account with them to pay your final bill, cancel the direct debit if not leave it in place unless you want loads of grief sorting it out.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sandybanks wrote: »
    Unfortunately, as im sure other customers will confirm emails to this email address get an instant acknowledgement reply and not always a reply to the question or query you raised. I would say less than 50% are answered. Perhaps you have been sensible enough not to have been a customer!

Kind of. I was sensible enough to spot that there were issues with this supplier (e.g. as you say, they don't reposnd to emails promptly) within their 14 day cooling off period, so aborted ... or tried to.

But they ignored that too. If you read the thread, you'll see the whole story.
    (Outcome in short form - I got my existing/previous supplier to return me as an erroneous Transfer)

Extra Energy did respond eventually. I agree it was not a satisfactory response, and the matter is therefore now with the Ombudsman Service.
    But you need to follow their complaint proicedure first for the ombudsman to consider any such complaint.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2017 at 4:37PM
    Options
    As I have mentioned before, my daughter is into her third contract with them. Single rate electricity only though which massively reduces the risk of !!!! ups and so far they have been billing on time every 6 months and her DD is set about right. I do monitor her account and submit readings and calculate bills myself every month.

I spent 2 contracts with them and they weren't too bad on billing although it did take 6 months to get a (correct) final bill and the 42p refund.
  • Mwnci_Bach
    Options
    Sandybanks wrote: »
    I always cancel my direct debits at the end of my accounts just to be safe and if there is anything outstanding the supplier sends me a bill when they have sorted it which can be some time with some suppliers. This has always worked in the past. However with Extra Energy cancelling the direct debit sent their computer into overdrive and it recharged my account with past billed amounts that I had paid and came up with an amount in excess of what it would have been happy with to if the final direct debits had happened. Even though i paid the final direct debits by cash via the Post Office and their system has put them on the account I am being chased by a Debit Collection Agency for an amount I don't owe. Based on this I would say if you know you have enough money on account with them to pay your final bill, cancel the direct debit if not leave it in place unless you want loads of grief sorting it out.

Thanks for that. I've calculated that if I cancelled the Direct Debits today, I'd have enough, but I'll leave it so that the January 2017 payments come out and I'll cancel them then. I've applied to switch to one of the Big 6 and I've spoken to on of their CS Representatives and have explained all about EE - because it's one of the Big 6 Energy Suppliers, they have much more clout than the others when it comes to getting Final Bills etc.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for that link Maxwell, I watched it.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • tim_n
    tim_n Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a threat of an unpaid final bill being put against my financial record, despite it being paid in June 2016. I've sent them a copy of their own records to all of the addresses above with a request for resolution in the next 14 days. Thanks Maxwell007 for the copy and paste.
    Tim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport