Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mshi86 wrote: »
    Each supplier has its own terms.

The big 6 usually give you two months in advance upon till your contract end day for domestic

Smaller suppliers has different terms some longer.

Always try to get your end date close to the summer, even if it means you sign up for 18 month contract . I would only do this to align your end dates towards the summer.

Always buy when the demand is low which is summer and abit of spring

For commercial energy some suppliers allow you to renew upto a year in advance. And that is British gas .

As for you... sign up for a 18 month contract and make sure it ends around the summer time then keep an eye out 2 months before your end date and shop around. There you have killed 2 birds with one stone. One is that your contract ends when the demand is low (spring summer) and two is that you have 2 months to find the best deal with any other supplier which again have low prices too due to demand.

:j

I am sorry but you are talking complete nonsense that will only confuse those who read this forum. A contract can be ended at anytime: in some cases, it will involve an exit fee. In domestic situations, this involves a transfer to a new supplier. What the domestic customer cannot do is take out a contract in the summer and then delay supply until the winter which is what your earlier post implied. The Big 6 do not 'give you 2 months in advance". All suppliers are required to provide consumers with notice that a fixed tariff is ending - in the period 49 to 42 days before contract end.

Please if you are going to post, then you should try to make sure that what you are posting is accurate. If your message is nothing more than it pays to keep doing comparisons thenI would agree. I would also agree that the cost of energy falls in the summer; however, this is now such a small proportion of the cost to the consumer that suppliers rarely pass these savings on. If it was the case, then I suspect that Martin L would be advising everybody to switch suppliers in the summer.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2017 at 1:43PM
    Options
    My daughter decided to stay with them for a third year, single rate electricity only which is the only fuel that has little risk of errors.

Last contract ended 30 Nov. Website changed over smoothly, meter read submitted 30 Nov. Meter read submitted 31 Dec, bill produced today 6 months after last and 12 months after previous. Tariff changeover and current billed correctly using supplied reads and spot on correct. DD increased to an amount which I project forward to be £0 balance at end of this contract.

edit: Doh ! :D
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    My daughter decided to stay with them for a third year, single rate electricity only which is the only fuel that has little risk of errors.

Last contract ended 31 Nov. Website changed over smoothly, meter read submitted 31 Nov. Meter read submitted 31 Dec, bill produced today 6 months after last and 12 months after previous. Tariff changeover and current billed correctly using supplied reads and spot on correct. DD increased to an amount which I project forward to be £0 balance at end of this contract.

Congratulations on your daughter being the only person (I have seen) that has not had problems!

I am intrigued though how the contract could have ended and meter read submitted on 31 November ;)
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on your daughter being the only person (I have seen) that has not had problems!

I am intrigued though how the contract could have ended and meter read submitted on 31 November ;)
    :p .......................;)
  • Gregory33
    Gregory33 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up today as they were the cheapest for me and prices fixed until sept 2015! I only found them on go compare, not on money supermarket or youswitch. Hope they turn out to be a good company. So we will se results..
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Drummer82
    Drummer82 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Please see my thread I posted last night, having a complete nightmare with extra energy and it is causing me a lot of stress, have just started a formal complaint rolling with the Ombudsman, so now I have to gather all my evidence and get that over to them. Nightmare!
    I'm now not sure what to do and have to call CAB tomorrow as I have cancelled my direct debit with them as they keep trying to take amounts not agreed...like over double what they said..I've got a horrible feeling this may affect my credit rating or have bailiffs writing to me, something I have never had to deal with in my life!!

Please steer clear, they are being investigated by Ofgem and are one of the worst on record for complaints...and they outright lie to you :mad:

Don't let the cheap prices fool you its not worth it
  • gollum007
    Options
    gollum007 wrote: »
    As I owed them money (A not inconsiderable amount either), I wasn't too bothered :p

The (original) final bill was accurate, I await with interest their response as to !!!!!! is going on now, as I'm arguing that they don't owe me anything :D

Technically speaking, I think the ombusdman would probably still take this on on the basis of the original complaint date, as it's still the same issue of being unable to produce a final bill which is 'accurate'

Good entertainment if nothing else, the poor CS person with an absolutely ridiuclous script to try and follow.....

Update :)
    The ombusdman was perfectly happy to take this on on the basis of the original complaint date.

Apology issued promptly by EE after the Obmusdman ruling, and compensation of £75 paid (Was only really after the apology!)

Dunno whether they are finally getting their act together, but my most recent dealings via the ombsudman were far better than the orginals.

-Gollum
  • regis598
    regis598 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    My complaint was completed on 15 December, some 18 months after being lodged. The payment that should have been made to me by 16 November arrived on 1 December and the apology arrived two weeks later. The supply address was wrong so they have learned nothing about customer service. Between EE and Ombudsman Services they show a degree of incompetence beyond belief.
  • eastcott5
    Options
    Hi,

My son is with them -electricity only - no gas. They are a small Midlands based company. Their Standing Charge is high - but unit price low. If you use more than about 5000kw a year - they beat all others at the moment - no exit fees.

So far so good.
  • jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eastcott5 wrote: »
    Hi,

no exit fees.

So far so good.

That's incorrect there is a £25 charge per fuel for an early exit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure