ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They will be wiped as soon as they hit it
  • They will wiped as soon as the loan date (start date of the last loan) hits the 25 year mark, even though repayments have started?
  • ElwoodBlues
    ElwoodBlues Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Well my current deferment is due to expire any day now. Erudio received my new deferment application almost a month ago, but I've not had anything back from them yet. Guessing they're still understaffed and have struggling to keep up. But what happens next? I've no direct debit in place, so they can't start taking repayments (as I'm pretty sure they would try, even in this situation with the ball in their court). Will they try and claim I'm in arrears? I've read on here that they're being extra awkward/pedantic about accepting supporting evidence this year. So what if they come back and ask for more, whilst my current deferment has ended? Would they try and claim I'm in arrears then too?

I don't trust those sneaky so and so's. 
  • daswalkerdas
    daswalkerdas Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 August 2021 at 4:37PM
    darn - is it me or this quite a jump from last year?

This is great news. for me.

The Department for Education (DfE) has confirmed to Erudio Student Loans that from 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022 the new deferment threshold for mortgage-style student loans will be a gross annual income of £36,284

• lantanna
    Also fantastic news for me too! So happy to read this 
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 September 2021 at 11:33AM
    Maybe this will be illuminating on Arrow Global's current perspective on how to treat 'customers'. After a quick look, it seems that Arrow are putting forth the idea that using software to terrorise people, based on their own data that Arrow is gathering when people contact Arrow, is very cost effective. So, limiting the manning of the phones somehow nudges more people to pay up by giving them no one to speak to. It rings some bells here with how they are handling us this year. What they seem to not mention from the customer end is how frustrating and stressful it is when Arrow Global stop answering the phones, as is currently happening this year here with its Erudio portfolio. One could deduce that more people must be making payments, not because they are being given better option channels to make payments like this article suggests is working, but because its customers are in serious fear/stress of defaulting by not having their phone calls taken and emails answered when they are trying to defer when faced with an 8 week deferment window (it doesnt take many 1 month email answer periods before a potential default is facing someone). I would suggest that this is some serious dark arts territory that Arrow Global are try to present as the greatest thing since sliced bread. And this will only intensify over the coming years across the whole debt collector market I would guess. Not one bit of interest from any journalist this year on how Erudio are handling us this time round says it all at a time when Arrow are trying their most audacious bit of invisible dark artistry with the Erudio account. It seems they have found a media invisible way to turn more of us into paying back rather than deferring than ever before. One very worrying bit is the part saying its customers are engaging with them between 3am-4am, the dark hours of the soul time...they spin this new automated approach as this being a victory, allowing people to engage when they want to. I would suggest this is the time when people have no other option left, being pushed so far to the edge by a lack of contact and communication, that their last act of a given day is just to say F$%K it and try and get rid of the weight hanging over them, and paying when they probably dont really need to.  Here's the article anyway:

• Just got my letter confirming my loans have been written off and account closed (without having to ask them).  :)

Apart from them being sneaky and not sending a renewal form for final year (or maybe they didnt really want one) haven't really had any issues with them. 
  • lantanna
    Just got my letter confirming my loans have been written off and account closed (without having to ask them).  :)

Apart from them being sneaky and not sending a renewal form for final year (or maybe they didnt really want one) haven't really had any issues with them. 
    Congrats a couple more years and I’ll get mine too
  • Tommygunn
    Tommygunn Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 November 2021 at 3:33PM
    Today I received this surprising piece of postage.
    To my surprise, and without any prompt from me, I received the letter, below, stating that my loan has been cancelled!
    I know that others might not be in the same situation, but I hope this provides a little light at the end of the tunnel for others.
    All the best,
    Tom.

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What good news for you.  Is it possible Erudio have actually got their asses in gear & even know what they are doing?  That would be a win for everyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback