🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

warning about call

Options

Comments

• fuzz62
    fuzz62 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    i had one of these not long ago, had a little fun with them and they ended up hanging up on me.
    told me to use ctrl key - i didnt have one i had a tur key
    asked could i see the windows key - yup hold it and press c .... when nothing happened i asked if i needed the window open or closed - she shouted at me.
    we then used the star menu well i see an astrix so its close enough - when i said it makes a pretty star i was told to get my hammer and hit computer really had as its affecting the internet really bad and is very corrupt - she hung up. it took over 20 mins before we got here lol
    Goal --> 2016 Competition Wins 1/12
  • always_comping
    Options
    I always say to hold on 1 sec whilst i go and get my air horn......
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just had a call from this number on my mobile which I ignored.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a missed call today now I know who or what it is I will ignore.
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • sourge
    sourge Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    babs wrote: »
    as soon as I hear the foreign accent..I put the kids on and tell them its Santa Claus.... needless to say they never ring back :-)

that made me Lol, best idea i've read in while :)
    2013 -£1550 / £2013 :)
    2014 -£1955.95 / £2014
    2015 - £1600 / £2015
  • PinkPoppies
    Options
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just had a call from this number.

I ignored it, then googled it, and this thread popped up! Hurrah for the internet! :j
    Total Starting Debt August 2014- £38,061
    Current Debt- £3600

Mortgage Offset Savings- £600
    90.5% paid off so far...
  • gdot72
    Options
    Just had a call from this number but not about my computer. It was a recorded message telling me they had info about my payment protection. Just thought I would share that it's not always about the pc.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had the computer one at least twice in the last fortnight, and today was the industrial damage to hearing one.

I rarely swear but I did tell the one last week to f*** off.
  • Dr._Shoe
    Options
    I got one once "from microsoft" and he told me to go through various procedures. It took him about ten minutes of trying to explain how to open menus and things until the penny dropped that I have an Apple Mac!
  • cookson
    Options
    This number just rang me, but I didn't answer it. I googled it and this brought me here.
    Current Debt:
    Mortgage
    31/12/12 - £78,075.68, 31/12/13 - £76,149.82
    01/02/15 - £66,356.11 :j , 01/07/15 - £39,900 (woooooooooo)
    Target mortgage free date: 1st May 2019. Funds to pay it by December 2017 (but would have to pay tax back on some shares).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport