Iii

Options

Comments

• Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    So has iii lost all our transaction data? I can only see transactions from 9th December 2017.....

III have not lost them but they have buried them clicks away. Under "accounts" then "document history" then "Migrated documents" . Then you see a list of all your contract documents but the titles are all the same "contract document" so it takes ages to find the one you need. Then as you now have seprate account numbers for Trading, ISA and SIPP you need to go down this route for each account. The new website is bad news for anyone who was and III user.
    What they have lost are all your old secure messages - convenient for them if you were in a dispute with them as you have lost all the messages.
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 16 January 2018 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Kayster wrote: »
    III have not lost them but they have buried them clicks away. Under "accounts" then "document history" then "Migrated documents" . Then you see a list of all your contract documents but the titles are all the same "contract document" so it takes ages to find the one you need. Then as you now have seprate account numbers for Trading, ISA and SIPP you need to go down this route for each account. The new website is bad news for anyone who was and III user.
    What they have lost are all your old secure messages - convenient for them if you were in a dispute with them as you have lost all the messages.

Thanks I will check that out.

EDIT - OK found them. Thanks very much. Very helpful.
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm not thinking of moving the current money I have in stocks and shares ISAs with ii but I am thinking of opening a new stocks and shares ISA in the next tax year with AJ Bell - any opinions on them are welcome.

What about X-O?
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you only want shares / IT's, X-O are basic but efficient. They don't offer UT's / OIECs
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    I am thinking of opening a new stocks and shares ISA in the next tax year with AJ Bell - any opinions on them are welcome.

Nothing wrong with AJB Youinvest as a broker/platform, as always it depends how you're planning to invest as to whether they're the best/cheapest option.

They altered their charging structure fairly recently which peed off a lot of existing clients who saw their account costs increase but as a new client that won't matter to you.

If anything it should be reassuring, that they're not about to hike their charges like IG have just done (the swines!)
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have a couple of stocks and shares ISAs with ii (me and oh) and they are nearly at the limit for government protection so I think I'll shift. I don't want to go HL as they have our Sipps.

Basically I buy 5 to 6 lots of shares each year on each account (I might sell the odd donkey) up to the limit of the ISA allowance. I/interactive drip all the dividends back into the shares. I buy our shares to make dividend income rather than for capital gain.

II has suited me fine and so I'll stick with it - so would I be better with AJ Bell or X-O as my new provider.

All opinions welcome.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    Options
    capital0ne wrote: »
    Just had another look and all my ISA subscription history is there and is correct. To see this you select Portfolio > cash balance - simples!

yes.. i've told you i can see it. the difference is that mine is wrong. that was the point i made.
  • Freecall
    Freecall Posts: 1,306 Forumite
    Options
    kept getting 'incorrect username/password' response.

Thank goodness for that, I thought it was just me getting a bit 'confused' in my old age.

Sometimes multiple attempts to log-in are met with the same message.

Hopefully just teething problems.....please god.

:eek:
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, AJ Bell are pretty good, it was annoying when they removed the cap on the fee, which resulted in my fee almost doubling. But they are still competitive with other platforms, so I am sticking with them for now.

The website is basic, but functional. And secure messages get replied to quickly and dividends get paid mostly on time.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just (yesterday) received a letter from II (dated 20 December) concerning the closure of my (unused) Trading account - it says that dividends payable after closure would be sent by cheque shortly after payment date...

I have received no communication at all about the ongoing ISA account transfer, nor the overdue dividends payable on that account at end December......Aargh!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure