March's 2014 BR Club

Options

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CoffeeBean wrote: »
    Well I went to court today and it's been made official.

Was no where near as bad as I thought although I was sat for about 2 hours feeling sick and anxious. Thankfully had my OH with me for support.

Just saw the court official, signed the paperwork and handed over the money, waited what felt like forever and got given my paperwork and receipt and the Judge had signed it all off without needing to see me.

I have been told the OR will call me tomorrow afternoon for a 5 minute chat and then to arrange a face to face or telephone interview. Scared and anxious but have faced today so will keep going.

Feeling a little relieved but still stress about it all.
    Tomorrow I need to tell work, I have already taken advice and reassured my job wont be effected. Fingers crossed, I'm putting it in writing tonight so I wont have to worry about what to say.

CB x

Hi CB, I’m so pleased all went well and have my fingers crossed for you too.

Here’s to your new start :beer:

mbh4p0.gif
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dear all,

Today I joined the March BR club too.
    I would say get there about 30 mins before your booked appointment- enough time to find where you are supposed to be and go through security checks.
    I took the required 3 copies of the forms- to my horror I signed them the day before but dated them today- clerk wasn't bothered I signed before.
    Court was very busy- had to return 2 hours later, and then the Judge wanted to see me.
    I was asked about a life insurance policy- had to clarify it was not an endowment policy, would only pay out if I popped my cloggs, was asked if I had taken advice- a yes was sufficient for him- and warned about the problems of getting credit etc while BR.
    Finally he stamped a paper and said as of a minute ago I don't owe anyone anything- debts in hands of OR.
    Mixed emotions now- feel sad I have failed to manage my finances properly but glad I won't be contributing to some blood sucking bank's fat annual profit
    Now dreading the OR's call- is there a specific amount they grill you about? e.g. do they ignore anything under £500?
    Cheers

Hi SomebodyToldMe and welcome to March’s BR Club, I’ve added you to post one :beer:

Onwards and upwards now, no looking back.

The normal rule is anything that would resell second hand at auction for over £1,000 the OR would be interested in.

Best wishes
    IF

congrats22.gif
  • Fifimouse
    Fifimouse Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    date was yesterday. Will I ever stop crying?

No word from the OR - in a total panic about everything
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fifimouse wrote: »
    date was yesterday. Will I ever stop crying?

No word from the OR - in a total panic about everything

Hi Fifimouse and welcome to March's BR Club, I've added you to post one :beer:
    I so know how you feel and the relief will set in soon, honest.

When did the BR Clerk say the OR would call?

Best wishes
    IF

CONGRATULATIONS.gif
  • Fifimouse
    Options
    I can't see any relief, I didn't choose this and I will more than likely end up homeless as a result.

No-one said anything to us when we left the Judges chambers, we are totally in the dark.

Thank you for the welcome though x
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fifimouse wrote: »
    I can't see any relief, I didn't choose this and I will more than likely end up homeless as a result.

No-one said anything to us when we left the Judges chambers, we are totally in the dark.

Thank you for the welcome though x

I am sorry, I didn't realise this was the cause of your BR :o

Do read post two and click on all the links .

IF
  • Fifimouse
    Options
    I have, thank you, and there is some really helpful advice.
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump..........:staradmin
  • CoffeeBean_2
    Options
    Hi all

I had a call from OR yesterday and it was a quick chat to check some details as they didn't have my paperwork through yet and have arranged a call for next week. V scared but just trying to get on with it all.

CB
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CoffeeBean wrote: »
    Hi all

I had a call from OR yesterday and it was a quick chat to check some details as they didn't have my paperwork through yet and have arranged a call for next week. V scared but just trying to get on with it all.

CB

Your doing well CB and let us know how you get on next week.

IF
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family