mobile cash mate

Options

Comments

• Ash2017_2
    Options
    I sent my Samsung Phone which was offered £100 on the website, once i sent my phone they "inspected" it and said "The bezel of your device is scuffed" and offered me £67.13. Which really shocked me as since FIRST USE it has always been in the Hard case protector + screen protector, also i inspected it before sending it and was in perfect condition.

***PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY AS IT IS WASTE OF TIME***
  • Carolnneb
    Options
    I sent 2 phones with tech guard screen and bumper cases and the phones had never been out of these. They came back with a much lower offer as they said casing had scuffs. Also the one camera was broken first we knew about it. I feel they are Con artists and if you can avoid them I would
  • Bighuddy
    Options
    Sent my phone to these rip off merchants. They had my phone for a week. Struggled for days to get them to answer the phone. After sending a email to say I will collect the phone as they had not made me a offer, they then contact me to say the phone has been damaged and it not in good condition and they would not purchase. I was gobsmacked... the phone was fine apart from a few scratches which is normal. I don't trust this company at all and what is there to stop them replacing parts in your phone with faulty ones. I will never use this company again. They also said that the phone was locked to Vodafone??? Lol

Avoid this company a at all costs!!
  • Bighuddy
    Options
    I would get them returned and try elsewhere. Con merchants.
  • natalie_reid
    Options
    This company is a scam! I recently sent an iphone 6s in excellent condition. 1 light scratch on the front. They offered 60 less than what they offered saying "scratches to the front" i declines because i knew this wasn't the case. I have just received my mobile back and there are about 20 extra scratches that wasn't their before! I am furious!!! They should be reported.
  • Albert173
    Options
    I sent my mobile phone using their enveloppe on 24th November 2016.
    1) I asked them for an update on 2nd December. They told me to wait a bit longer, and that if I don't hear back from them by 15th december, to chase them again.
    2) I chased them on 21st December. They told me they would raise it immediately with Royal Mail (as the enveloppe they sent me is a Royal Mail one), and that the process could take up to 6 weeks.
    3) I chased them 6 weeks later, on 5th February. They have never replied to my email.
  • GOMthings
    Options
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I sent them my iPhone 6S as they offered the best price I could find (£160) for the phone in perfect condition - which it was. When I eventually heard back from them, they said that the Sim tray was missing (which it was NOT when I sent it to them) and therefore they could only offer £16.81! I asked for the phone back and - surprise, surprise - when it arrived - no Sim Tray. I bought another Sim tray off Amazon for £1.97, put it in the phone and took it into Carphone Warehouse where they gave me a very good price for it. Lesson learned!
  • Cgordon76
    Options
    I have wasted 6 weeks with these guys. Was quoted for £200 for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, had to wait three weeks for a response only to be told there were scratches and a pressure mark (there was no pressure mark) and they would be happy to offer £19.60!!!

Cancelled and got the phone returned and they've put a screen lock on it essentially bricking my phone! Now trying to get the pattern from them so can open my own phone.

What a bunch of ....
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Cgordon76 wrote: »
    I have wasted 6 weeks with these guys. Was quoted for £200 for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, had to wait three weeks for a response only to be told there were scratches and a pressure mark (there was no pressure mark) and they would be happy to offer £19.60!!!

Cancelled and got the phone returned and they've put a screen lock on it essentially bricking my phone! Now trying to get the pattern from them so can open my own phone.

What a bunch of ....

"Mates..."
  • 5P4RK0
    Options
    I have used this company a few times in the past and had mixed results. However I decided to use them again to sell my phone, 1 because I already knew them, and 2 because they offered me the highest amount for my phone. After receiving my phone and offering me a drastically lower valuation as they deemed my phone to be scratched, I decided to try to argue the case as I had photographic evidence of my phone before postage in like new condition. HOWEVER this is where the fun really begins! I received literally no response to my enquiries via email or to their call centre for a total of 20days! 10 of those days I was also without payment for my phone as my offer was 'automatically accepted'. Thats 10 days with my phone gone, no payment for it, and no-one at the other end. It took a direct letter to their head office with a weeks ultimatum threatening contact to trading standards and the financial ombudsmen for me to get my money, and an emailed response (not even an apology). I have replied to that email to again try to argue about the 'damage', and guess what, I've had no reply back! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Go for a trusted company, even if they offer a lower amount for your phone as you will at least be dealing with a reputable company that you can trust to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure