The Sewing Room (part 2)

Options

Comments

• pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't have this thread sink into oblivion:eek: Here is one of my newer makes. Morag Hare :)

https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/photos/pcb.590754127735650/590751434402586/?type=1&theater
  • pennib
    Options
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, home made gifts are just the BEST! One of my daughters made this for me, it's a caricature of my little Archie. Isn't it just lovely, the words on the back are so true! Archie looks mighty pleased with it, although a bit peeved he is not allowed to sit on it :D

10928944_656781317782624_1540737312468357256_o.jpg
  • pennib
    Options
    oops a bit big sorry. On the back it says 'I'm not spoilt I've trained my owners well'
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Aww both the cushion & Archie are gorgeous.
    Booo!!!
  • flossie217
    Options
    What a wonderful gift. One to treasure. Archie is just adorable, such a handsome little chap.
  • mollsnan
    Options
    I hope I have posted on the right board, so here goes. I haven't sewn much for many years, last thing I stitched were drapes for Moses basket when g.daughter was born, she is almost 7 now! Hoping to turn sons room into workroom (with bed for short stay visitors) for all my wool,fabrics, craft stash. I would like to do more sewing and OH has offered to buy me new machine for birthday in few months. But I have an old Singer 427k machine which folds into its table. Bought about 45 yrs ago when I was 15! It needs serviced and the table top is in need of some tlc. My question is this ,is it worth paying out to have machine serviced and have a go at sorting table top out, or should I take OH up on his offer? I'm not planning on doing any intricate sewing requiring lots of stitches etc, the old Singer does straight and zigzag. Advice please?
  • pennib
    Options
    mollsnan: If it were me and you arn't going to go into fancy stitchery such as embroidery stitches/button holes and just want a workhorse type machine that's going to continue sewing for the next 45 years, I would stick to the Singer!
    I wish I had my own craft room....sigh.
  • mollsnan
    Options
    Pennib thanks for your reply, I had a look about and seems parts for this old machine can be found, even found online vid. How to service. So reckon it's worth a go.
    As to my "workroom" well it's not that posh, figured I could make claim on it rather than it lying as "spare room", which grown up children who flat/house share interpret as "storage facility for all our stuff we have no room for". I had a great big double doored cupboard with four deep/wide shelves destined for the dump, with the help of numerous tins,boxes etc I have managed to gather all craft stuff in one place, and now can find things. Wool is stashed in a cupboard and under bed. I have room for a desk and chair,sewing machine,and the bed. I really am looking forward to being able to work through my hoard, and to be able to leave things sitting without having to constantly clear away! ��
  • pennib
    Options
    At least all your stash is in the one room so still got craft room envy Mollsnan!!
  • pennib
    Options
    I know this isn't sewing but it does use a needle! This is a picture of a German Shepherd and is a needle felted 'painting' and was done by my eldest daughter which is also her first ever using this medium :T my wool and needle stash is now seriously depleted as she taken it all home with her :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10916319_658857920908297_6430992142950776378_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure