MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• snowscreamer
    snowscreamer Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    penguingirl didn't post at all yesterday... just saying! Although she would have been 5 days early yesterday so who knows.

10 working days left for me! Managed a full day in London yesterday which was working 8:30-7 and then a dinner out with my team at work and felt fine! So tiredness really does seem to be quite sporadic! Was pretty tired Monday morning on the train and was dreading the day ahead but actually peeked up once I'd been at work an hour or so.

I think I'll be relieved once I finish but then after a week or so I'll be impatient for baby to arrive... never happy are we! :D
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah Snow maybe, I didn't even pick up on that. You never know.

Those 10 days will fly pass. I know my last week did. Haha definitely. I'm now in my second week and I'm bored out of my brain. There is only so much gym/walking/doing chores that I can do before it drives me insane. As for sitting watching tv, I just don't seem to be made for that, especially day time tv :rotfl:
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly no news here- I have had stomach cramps the last 24 hours, had a bit of discharge (sorry tmi) and teatime yesterday had some strange pains and tightenings... but all seems to have come to nothing! Am feeling very impatient as 7 of the girls from my NCT class have now had their babies and the 8th went in for (early) induction yesterday so we're going to be the last! I'm going to go mad if I have to wait another 2 weeks!

April- I too am bored of housework. I sorted out the airing cupboard yesterday, exciting! And the freezer is full. Am going to do some photo album stuff today I think.
  • Lifestartsat40
    Options
    I had my Consultant appointment yesterday and have been given an induction date of 16th June (day before my due date) however I can have a sweep at 38 & 39 Weeks as well to see if that helps. Feels strange knowing that by 4 weeks on Friday baby will definitely be here or on her way!

My leg hair has definitely almost stopped growing, hardly ever have to shave them, but when I do, I find its easier in the bath. Also re: the other personal grooming discussion, I do that in a mirror, takes a bit of practice though!

Hope everyone else is doing ok?
  • penguingirl
    Options
    That's great you have a date!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Growth scan done. Bean has moved up to 90th centile from around 70th and we've had the 'well if it shoots up any more, after 37 week growth scan, then we'll talk about what to do e.g. induction' conversation. Head growth and anatomy all fine at least, which was actually the point of the process.
    Platelets a bit low so consultant would like bloods repeated at next midwife appt. Whether I have to let her know or the notes will is a moot point however.
  • penguingirl
    Options
    Glad scan went well arbrighton. I'm going to ask about size if I make it to my scan on Friday as growth chart (not based on scan) shows him at 90% and consultant thought he looked big on the portable scanner so anxious not to go too far over. And very impatient.
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Bean is estimated at 5lb 8 already and I'm only 33 weeks. How much do they supposedly put on each week now?
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    I wonder if my baby has had a growth spurt recently as well. I don't feel any bigger in particular but my weight gain has ramped up (4lb in last 2 weeks) even though I've been cutting back food wise after getting into a nasty habit of over-snacking on the wrong things at work... damn you work kitchen!

I'm not having scans but last 4 midwife appointments have seen me on 95th percentile for fundal height... really hoping that I won't have suddenly shot off the scale! Everyone keeps telling me how "neat" my bump is for my stage of pregnancy so I do find it a little unbelievable that I'll have a big baby... we'll see!

Had a bit of an uncomfortable moment earlier when I was in the middle of a code review with a colleague and multiple suggestions were made... ended up being nearly an hour and I was bursting for the loo! Kept thinking it was nearly over when actually it wasn't so didn't excuse myself. By the end I was so desperate that my lower back started to ache... anyone had this?! Really weird. And bubs was going nuts inside presumably due to his/her space even more restricted than usual :rotfl:
    The relief when I was able to get up and walk to the loo... most uncomfortable walk/waddle ever but thankfully everything settled afterwards. Pregnancy is such a joy! ;)

35 weeks today; isn't it wonderful knowing as we get closer that even if we do go early at this stage chances are bubs will thrive :cool:
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    arbrighton wrote: »
    Bean is estimated at 5lb 8 already and I'm only 33 weeks. How much do they supposedly put on each week now?

About half a pound / 8oz gain per week now. Average weight at 33w is 4lb 4oz (https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart). I think the scans are almost as inaccurate as fundal height though so you may want to take it with a pinch of salt. I've read numerous stories of ladies being induced early due to big baby and baby came out average.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure