MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Options
    Awww big hugs for being emotional Becs. Hope the offer is accepted, if not, it's for bigger reasons than are clear to you right now! :)

Nice that your BF is back today Lush. Hope you make the place look OK by the time he gets home! My OH is convinced I don't look after myself when he's not around so I totally get the last minute panic clean and shop before he's due back! :rotfl:

To all the ladies with rubbish replacements/no replacement yet- I feel your pain! The last thing you want to be worrying about in your last weeks is training someone new and thinking 'Argh, this is going to be a disarrrrrrster!' :p At least if the replacement isn't very good you'll be welcomed back with open arms! Think I'd rather a crummy replacement than someone loads better than me that makes them want to get rid of me when I go back! :rotfl:

No movement for me. I'm just a much better place to be than the cold, noisy, bright world, obviously! :p I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have been so dismissive when people said 'Ooooh could be a Valentine's baby' as I bet he'll come on Friday just to spite me! ;)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • mysecretalias
    Options
    Aw becsxxx so sorry to hear that :( we had the same dilemma with ours as we were told there were two others interested in it. Thankfully we could afford the asking price (it's one of the reasons we only viewed places several grand under our budget) but it was touch and go about whether we would get it, and it was a little annoying because we originally wanted to save a bit of cash by offering 5k under!

Our mortgage adviser told us if it's meant to be it will be, if not then there's something else out there for you.... Probably doesn't help but it made us a little calmer bearing that in mind!! He also happens to be OHs good friend and a lovely guy so we trusted in him.

I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Random question of the day for me today - I'm sat at home again as I'm working from home for the second day due to my hip pain. The last few minutes I've suddenly become VERY dizzy and lightheaded. I'm sat on my bed so I've not even moved in an hour (I know sometimes moving too quickly can make you dizzy)

I'm a little worried, has anyone else had this and what could it be? I'm literally sat here feeling like the room is spinning :(
    Our first baby due 25th May 2014 :T

Maternity leave fund: £3000/£6000 :T
  • sjlou
    sjlou Posts: 572 Forumite
    Options
    becsxxx wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhh. emotional wreck today as we've put our best offer in on the house we love but think we have lost it as another couple have gone in at the asking (which we can't afford).

cried for about 2 hours last night about it and then was woken up throughout the night with leaky boobs again!!!!!! ridiculous.

have my 25 week MW appointment tomorrow and imagine it's just a quick check up? will be getting a new MW though as we've moved areas (once already!) since I last saw one.

If it's meant to be it'll happen. I remember getting all emotional when the house we asked to view had just sold. I'd been convinced it was "the one". We found a much nicer, better priced house no long after.

Don't forget to ask for your mat1b form at your week 25 appt. it'll just be your standard checks, blood pressure, urine sample, babies heart beat etc.
    :heart: Mini me due March 2014 :heart:
  • sjlou
    Options
    Just had my wk 34 appt. good job I asked about looking round the mlu, as apparently I should be booked in for a risk assessment there when I'm 36 wks! Errr nope!
    So at least I've got that booked now, although oh will have to cancel a days work to come with me. Once you pass the risk assessment you then get shown around.
    MW also then booked me in with her for 37 wks to go through a birth plan with her.

All feeling so real now!!

Headaches are still here, but I think it's developing into a cold now. So will prob be back to work, although boss said take all week off if I need it.

Mysecretalias - could it be that you've been sat on a nerve/ blocked an artery whilst you've not moved? Try lying on your left side to see if it eases.
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've not received my MAT B1 form yet :(

Can I ask for it at my 28 week appointment?
  • sjlou
    edited 12 February 2014 at 1:20PM
    Options
    I've not received my MAT B1 form yet :(

Can I ask for it at my 28 week appointment?

Yes, you should have it now. There's a deadline for giving it your your employer I think. Just googled and it's week 25 you need to hand it in.
  • cllola
    cllola Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MSA - yes i had this dizzyness last night - i usually only get it when standing but i had been sitting down for ages. I just relaxed and it passed, maybe eat a biscuit or something it may be blood sugar being low?

MATB1 - ive not had a midwife appt since 16 weeks and wont have one until 28 weeks so i just phoned the drs surgery and asked them to ask the midwife to fill it in for me and i picked it up from reception so that may be an option if you need it sooner and dont particularly need an appt.

We are meeting with the landlord tonight. DH phoned him earlier to arrange and apparently LL said he wanted to sort the issue out, whether that means kicking us out or resolving things and keeping us i have no idea. I assume it would be in his interests to keep us, we arent bad tenants, have never missed a payment, we keep everything clean and well maintained so they have no reason to complain about us apart from them being unhappy about us complaining...If that makes sense lol!

We are hoping to bring forward buying a house to within the next few months with the help of FIL. It may well mean we are moving house at the same time as having a baby but after all of this malarky i just want a house i cant be kicked out of with 2 months notice and i'm past caring about bad timing! We will just have to deal with it!
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well it's a different start of the day for me!

Felt if bit odd the last couple of days but just put it down to work and getting bigger but today it's got a lot worse. I am out of breathe and I have an odd feeling in my hands and my feet. I have an increased heart rate think it's called tachycardia.

I am awaiting an ECG and bloods to rule out what it is. Blood pressure is slightly up too x
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 February 2014 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Luella-14 wrote: »
    I finish work at the end of the month and they haven't found a replacement as yet! It's all a bit messy as a new structure is kicking in just as I leave so I'll have a new manager but my current one seems very reluctant to let me put a handover together.

I have my 32wk scan today, very excited for it. The babies are starting to feel very heavy and a little uncomfortable so will be relieved to check all's ok and see what positions they're in as I'm getting kicks and bumps all over!

I'm intrigued by these "notes" you all mention, mine have no details of upcoming appointments (other than time). I'm meeting with a MW for the first time tomorrow though that was at my request to discuss birth plan.

It's just the notes you take to each appt and they fill in heart beat, blood pressure etc

And at the booking in appt there was a load of stuff to answer that was in the same book of notes too.

Normally it's just one line they write but it's got all these pages to fill in for 34. Mine has almost run out of paper I've had so many issues for them to write about!

Who have you been seeing if you haven't seen a midwife yet?
    Crabapple wrote: »
    claire16, I was thinking when I read your post that the only reason they might take blood is if they were already concerned about your iron levels. Sorry, they might well want to take some to check the anemia. I'm guessing you are on some sort of supplement so they'll want to check if it is working.

Lushlifesaver - no your tax code won't change. Your tax-free personal allowance stays the same but as you will be earning a lot less (if anything) over it then you won't be paying much if any tax.

Had a rubbish night, so glad I don't have work today! Once I've sorted out what should hopefully be the last bits of washing for baby, I'm off to bed again.

Oh no I might get jabbed then.
    When I've been anaemic, they've rechecked at around 34 weeks.

Great!

Yes lush you don't need to do anything you'll get the new tax code for 2014/5 and be allowed to earn the normal tax free allowance before paying any tax so on smp that's nothing if you haven't earnt anything else that tax year and chances are our babies will be coming around the start of the tax year!

Msa if you still feel like that in a while perhaps call the dr? When I've had stuff like that before it's always du to my ears but I'd get it checked if it doesn't normally happen to you especially incase it's pregnancy related.

Ugh just started raining here and I have to leave in 30 mins.
  • sjlou
    Options
    samtoby wrote: »
    Well it's a different start of the day for me!

Felt if bit odd the last couple of days but just put it down to work and getting bigger but today it's got a lot worse. I am out of breathe and I have an odd feeling in my hands and my feet. I have an increased heart rate think it's called tachycardia.

I am awaiting an ECG and bloods to rule out what it is. Blood pressure is slightly up too x

Oh dear, hope it's nothing serious. Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family