PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What products do you miss?

Options

Comments

• Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You can get stardrops inWilkinsons, Asda, Tesco and 99p stores

Not round here!! I have also tried said stores in Great Yarmouth whilst visiting the in-laws......(more for drinking to numb the pain, rather than cleaning purposes there mind.......!)
  • welshbookworm
    Options
    Dark chocolate walnut whips.
    Hedgehog crisps (no they didn't contain hedgehog!)
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • Emmala
    Options
    Pacers - they were about the size of chew it's and were green and white striped. Lovely minty flavours :D

YES! I loved these as a kid, they were the size of OPAL FRUITS!!!!

I was just remembering the other day that in our local high street there was a shop called The Wool Basket, an old fashioned wool shop, with the glass counters with drawers that you could see everything in, and you asked for a length of ribbon etc and they cut it for you.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I miss Spira chocolate bars and I remember a whipped frozen desert topping as well. My nanna used to put it on the tinned fruit cocktail for pudding when I stayed over :D
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Emmala
    Options
    I've just remembered Terrys Chocolate Lemon - a lemon version of their Chocolate Orange. Sadly they didn't sell them for long.

They did an orange version of after eight mints which didn't last long sadly.....in the shops or in my house!! :-)
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Royal Scot biscuits
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • jemski1981
    Options
    Secret bars- strands of chocolate made into a nest with chocolate mousse in the centre. Gorgeous.
    Tudor crisps Gammon and Pineapple crisps were my favourite, I can only find Brannigans Beef and Mustard that are anywhere near as nice.
  • jammy_dodger
    Options
    i loved aztec bars saw them on a retro jigsaw puzzle and beta bars too . you can still find ringos from time to time in my asda i love the cheese and onion flavour
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Chinese figs. Marmite crisps. Sherbert fountains. Farm shops that sold 1/4 hindquarters of beef that they would divide into the different cuts and bag up as requested. You even got the lump of suet that could be rendered down to make pastry etc. Farms that sold peas by the bucketful which I used to bag up into exact portion sizes and freeze. Farms that did Pick Your Own soft fruit/broad beans/sweetcorn etc also used to be portioned up and frozen. Much nicer and cheaper that SM stuff.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another vote for Royal Scott biscuits.
    And frozen Florida concentrated orange juice - made a fantastic orange sorbet when mixed with whipped up egg whites.
    Frozen Lemon Mousse made a delicious quick pudding when half thawed and mixed with crushed up Crunchies. My children loved it.

There was a cleaning product that I have racked my brains to remember the name of. You used it on floors and it cleaned them and when dry the the floors shone. Magic on quarry tiles.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business