PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What products do you miss?

Options

Comments

• PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    jemski1981 wrote: »
    Secret bars- strands of chocolate made into a nest with chocolate mousse in the centre. Gorgeous.

Ooh yes the were lush!

I miss Thingies crisps and some other similar ones with rabbits on the front?
    Also Burtons Fish & Chips but they've brought them back now, just need to track them down :cool:
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kinder schoko Bon (little praline-filled kinder eggs) - I remembered having them in a giant plastic Easter egg when I was little one year and I hunted for them for YEARS after but no luck. Then, for some reason, kinder started selling them in bags a few years ago - yay!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can get Old Jamaica in Wilkinsons.....cant believe someone remembers Swisskits...no one believes me when I mention them ....they are the thing I really miss from my childhood lol xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I miss:

Thursday Plantation tea tree skin wash

Tiger Tiger green thai soup

Granose vegetarian tinned products - sausalatas, nut brawn, savoury pudding, nut loaf, saviand, tender bits, meatless steaks, nuttolene. (I have memories of the taste of all of these, some disappeared decades ago.)

Tiger cheese triangles (Swiss gruyere cheese - used to get these in a continental shop which has since closed) Have seen these on Amazon.Com but not over here - last time I checked they didn't ship to the UK.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ches wrote: »
    Marmite crisps

I have seen these in Sainsburys. I know this because my daughter did a marmite hamper for her dad for Christmas:rotfl: You can also get Marmite cheese (small rounds like babybel or I found marmite cheddar slices in Morrisons), rice cakes (including some in with the babyfood), cashew nuts, and chocolate! I never tried any of it as personally I can't stand Marmite, but he apparently loved it but suspects the 250g jar may last until after next christmas :rotfl:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • JamesCR
    JamesCR Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Virgin Cola. They used to be quite cheap (35p?!?) with 33% extra free which made them a massive hit down the local park during the summer when we stayed out all day playing football and wanted to make our money go further.

Those were the days. Why did I have to grow up? :(
  • LV_Sue
    LV_Sue Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    Black Magic chocolates with fillings like Liquid Cherry, Coffee Creme and Butterscotch. Black Magic used to be my favourite chocolates, but the fillings now are yuk! :(
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 January 2014 at 2:49AM
    Options
    Nutty bars and my Nan always bought me a peppermint crackle bar which was covered in chocolate, I just googled the name and looks like it was mint cracknel.
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Another vote for Royal Scott biscuits.
    And frozen Florida concentrated orange juice - made a fantastic orange sorbet when mixed with whipped up egg whites.
    Frozen Lemon Mousse made a delicious quick pudding when half thawed and mixed with crushed up Crunchies. My children loved it.

There was a cleaning product that I have racked my brains to remember the name of. You used it on floors and it cleaned them and when dry the the floors shone. Magic on quarry tiles.
    I remember Royal Scot biscuits too, and Barmouth cookies, and chocolate snowballs, which were much bigger than the ones you get now... with thicker chocolate and a soft filling that you could scoop out with a teaspoon!
    Great thread, you do realise that the things we are all hankering after were probably packed with chemicals that have been banned now for 'our own good?':(
    Was the floor cleaner Johnson's Seal? It came in a black tin, like Jeyes fluid, and you put it on after cleaning to leave a fab shine. (Still available, but in a plastic bottle now)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    What a lovely trip down memory lane this is! I remember we had a little cafe next to the Theatre (alas no more and now a car park!) that sold Kunzle cakes. Oooh the anticipation of sinking my teeth into that chocolate shell! Wonder if they were as nice as we are remembering?!

My most missed biscuits though are Symbol Revs. Dark chocolate with a hole in the centre - I used to push my middle finger through the hole and nibble my way around the biscuit.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport