Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Weather is miserable today. Not sure I will be riding as it's really windy. I better get on with some other stuff instead! Hopefully should be a NSD. Making veggie chilli for tea and need to beef it up with lentils (pun not intended). Also going to make soup. I bought some nearly out of date rolls, thinking of buttering them then freezing them to take to work with the soup. Hopefully that works but I guess we will find out!

Right. Move. Do something. Grrrrr I've been so lazy this weekend!
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    We all need lazy weekends to recharge from time to time.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    We all need lazy weekends to recharge from time to time.

This is true, but then we were away last weekend which was kind of lazy. I am a bit weird; if I'm at home I feel like I must achieve things. I don't really find doing nothing to be particularly restorative. It feels decadent at the time, but then later I realise the week is about to start again, and I am just stressed because I didn't do much. That's why we usually need proper holidays (away); because we just don't switch off at home.

That said, I have now managed to get a few things off the list. I realise that actually what is wrong with me is weather related so I'm trying to ignore that. I'm off to go and potter in the kitchen and pretend that my life isn't all mud and manure :p

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Woo hoo, just sold something on fleabay for £25. That can go towards the credit card I think. Also listed the 2 other things I'd hoped to. One is just something we need rid of so even £1 will do. The other is a horse rug. I've put a reserve on it, it's probably the top brand you can buy. Within 2 hours it had 7 watchers and 3 bids! Don't know if it will make the reserve but have all week to see. These ones always go for good money (I hope I haven't jinxed it) :p.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Pretty low spend day, just one coffee. No further bids on my fleabay stuff but lots of time. Need to go to post office tomorrow to send the thing that was sold last night. Want to send it collect plus but our printer isn't working. Hmm. Royal Mail way too expensive. Might have to look into another option (after the fiasco at the PO the other day when I had to re-wrap something to fit into their cheaper cost. Halved the price!)

Otherwise a quiet day, though not with work. Braving for some windy weather now I think.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Two requests for a BIN on my fleabay item and 25 watchers. Fingers crossed.

Expenses due to be paid today

Just logged on to bank to see if they have been paid (they haven't yet) and found an £11.87 dividend I didn't know was coming. Big Bill account increased a little bit more :T

At home today so hopefully no spends although do have to post the fleabay item. Will transfer the money across after that is done.

• Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning :) Thanks for dropping in on me so thought would return the favour.

I am same as you, just fighting everyday and never seem to get anywhere fast, but you are making progress, you paid the boiler, the OD has gone, the family bill has halved and you have started on the big bill and the 0% CC. Just think when these are gone how much money you will have left over for the unexpected bills :D Just have to keep fire fighting at the moment but it will get easier.

Just my thoughts, please feel free to ignore ;) Do your hossies need shoes or could they survive with just trimming, dont really know much about barefoot trimming etc but my hossies have all gone naked and seem to cope fine and is only £25 every six weeks rather than £60-80! Not sure if there are any other savings you can make, you seem to do quite well.

I :rotfl: re your comment re mud and manure - yep thats how I spend most of my weekends to :cool:
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi mfmaybe,

Just finding friends diaries today and I have tracked you down.

Well done on all your Ebaying, I gave up when I rain out of high value items. I really ought to get listing some stuff again. "Every little helps" ;)

xxxx
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Baldybear wrote: »
    Good morning :) Thanks for dropping in on me so thought would return the favour.

I am same as you, just fighting everyday and never seem to get anywhere fast, but you are making progress, you paid the boiler, the OD has gone, the family bill has halved and you have started on the big bill and the 0% CC. Just think when these are gone how much money you will have left over for the unexpected bills :D Just have to keep fire fighting at the moment but it will get easier.

Just my thoughts, please feel free to ignore ;) Do your hossies need shoes or could they survive with just trimming, dont really know much about barefoot trimming etc but my hossies have all gone naked and seem to cope fine and is only £25 every six weeks rather than £60-80! Not sure if there are any other savings you can make, you seem to do quite well.

I :rotfl: re your comment re mud and manure - yep thats how I spend most of my weekends to :cool:

Hi, thanks for dropping by. :hello:. Hmm one is a pony who wears no shoes, and one only wears fronts. The third is shod all round. He could maybe have them off for a winter holiday though? I have no arena and can only hack, mainly on roads, so not sure whether it will be possible. I will give it some thought though as it's mega-expensive.
    Hi mfmaybe,

Just finding friends diaries today and I have tracked you down.

Well done on all your Ebaying, I gave up when I rain out of high value items. I really ought to get listing some stuff again. "Every little helps" ;)

xxxx

Thanks for dropping in Steph :hello: I read your diary avidly as you really keep focussed! I dropped off the fleabay wagon for a while but I'm back on it a little bit. It's annoying though as I have a thing on just now with 39 watchers that I could sell many times over, and other stuff that has no interest at all. But some of it is just clutter anyway!

So signature has been updated and Big Bill account looking a lot healthier. Transferred £18 of fleabay profit and £74 of expenses. Technically some of these are on a credit card I need to pay next month, but I've decided I'll just fund that when I need to. I have been swithering about whether to focus on the 0% card at the same time; but the Big Bill needs paid first, and if I don't have the cash I'm in trouble; whereas worst case scenario is the card can get tarted. I'm hoping to be able to add at least another £200 from my bank savings this month, plus maybe another £100 from fleabay.

• cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Oh, roads you'd be absolutely fine on :) Safer in winter too, because they grip better barefoot. You might need some boots to get you through the transition period while he's sorting his feet out, but you can always find them second hand on eBay and then sell them again when he no longer needs them. Go and have a chat to this lot:

http://phoenixhorse.myfastforum.org/index.php

It used to be a forum specifically for people who'd had their horses rehabbed via Rockley Farm (which is another interesting site, particularly their blog: http://www.rockleyfarm.co.uk/ ) but has now had a name change and expanded to include anyone interested in keeping a horse barefoot. A lot of the Rockley graduates event barefoot and Rockley's own horses all hunt hundreds of miles over Exmoor on some really tough ground without shoes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback