Chess telecom

Options
124»

Comments

• David_Connor
    Options
    I am pleased to report that my issue with Chess ICT has now been resolved.
    I contacted "Ofcom" and they put me in touch with "Cisas".

[FONT=&quot]Online I submitted an application for adjudication to the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) under the Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS).

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU.
    Tel: +44 (0)20 7520 3814
    E: [EMAIL="info@cisas.org.uk"]info@cisas.org.uk[/EMAIL]

Once Chess were advised I had submitted this application within a few days the company contacted me to advise that they were waiving all early termination charges and the matter was finalised.

Good luck to any of you who fall foul of Chess and their sharp practices. But once you persue the case as outlined above Chess soon back down.

[/FONT]
  • kama81
    Options
    thank you so much for this. having a nightmare with chess, incorrect bills for 6 months, reams of inaccurate emails back and forth and failure to adhere to their ' never beaten on price' promise - saying they are not contractually obliged to do this... arghhhhhhh.. and now they want nearly 4k to cancel the contract... will be taking your advice david connor!! thanks for the tip, was at my wits end
  • kama81
    Options
    ive just had a look on the site, do cisas deal with small buisness ( sole trader) issues or is it just domestic issues? i am a bit unclear? i will call them tomorrow but just wondering!
  • jONTY1960
    Options
    Firstly - 40p.p.m. to contact Chess is verging on criminal, particularly as there is no mention of this charge. I only discovered this hidden cost when looking at (generally poor) reviews of the company on various forums.
    To then be on hold for several minutes is just filling their coffers. (Found a free alternative now - 0808 231 8161 - but I don't imagine Chess want you to know that!)
    I have tried over the last 2 years to leave Chess as my broadband was useless.Technical support - pah!! "Try turning the router off and then on again". Yup - tried that - more than once.
    The cancellation fees were exhorbitant - justified by Chess as the amount I was due to pay through the contract. Being a (small) business apparently I have no consumer rights.
    They told me I was in contract for 2 years which, they said, I entered into verbally when I transferred my line to a new property.
    I wasn't aware of that and have never seen a contract.
    I have, today reached the end of the 2 years and am in the process of ending the contract - which I am hoping will be straightforward - but not holding my breath.
    It can't be done over the phone - unlike signing up to a verbal contract for 2 years - instead it requires an email!
    When I first went with Chess they seemed such a good company but I guess the relentless pursuit of profit got in the way. How they remain in The Sunday Times "Top 100 Best Companies to Work For" is beyond me - though that's working for them, as opposed to being a customer!
    Seems to just be driven by sharp practices and a complete lack of anything one might call humanity!
  • Redred1410
    Options
    .This company is a complete joke, the service (or lack of it) is appalling, was without internet for a lot of the time I was with the company, would not release me from the contract despite this, so I then decided to pay them off just to get rid of them, then they have done nothing but harass me saying I have not paid and still owe them, spent days on the phone sorting it (or thought I had) being told how sorry they are and its there fault as billed and fined me for a new home move installation fee when I had cancelled, nearly 7 months down the line they have just threatened me with legal action due to unpaid cancellation fee, bring it on, will now be seeking compensation for their total and utter incompetence.
  • Bowman121
    Options
    I have had a dreadful experience with this company - and been strung along to keep with them. Salesmen have lied to me, and their service is appaling - I would advise anyone to steer well clear. I leave them at midnight tonight - and am so glad to see the back of them. Mid contract, they changed the service package I was on, so I ended up paying a further £20 additional a month, and saw no benefit - when I complained, was told it was within their Ts and Cs.
  • Dean_Harvey
    Options
    Following a fire at my workshop I urgently needed to divert all calls to my mobile. As my line supplier I called Chess to organise.
    I called on the day after the fire to inform them what had happened and how I could divert my calls to a mobile phone. Initially very helpful but they signed me up to a 5 year contract over the phone and although I said i was not happy about 5 years they did not offer any shorter terms and I feel they were taking advantage of a stressful situation
    As a result this is costing over £650 per year.
    I have requested a copy of the agreement which they have failed to delivery and have only sent an edited form of the verbal contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure