Comments

• robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who is "we"?
  • 4TheLittleMan
    Options
    A company in this situation who has a number of other companies in the same situation looking for resolution.

Are you in this situation @robatwork? If so please message me.
  • woderwick
    Options
    Rebbe wrote: »
    Help
    I have called chess to tel them that i am thinking to go VOIP they told me i am tied in to a 3 year contract and another year to go and to cancel the contract will cost £1000!!! i have never signed a conrcat and never been sent terms and conditions and looked up and saw that he terms and conditions were changed earlier this year ad was nt advised either!!!
    Do i have any rights???[/QUOTE
    I feel for you, I am in a 5 year contract supposedly but I have never seen a contract or any terms conditions etc my broadband is limited and always going over so costing me 4 times what the latest deals are offering at the moment. This company needs to be on watchdog...
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another inscrutable move on the chessboard. Knight to QB3?
  • MadGutts
    Options
    I have been with chess for more than 4 years and they have been fine until i tried to move away to a cheaper contract...
    I moved my business and it took them 3 months to actually get my line moved and when they finally got it connected, there was no broadband!!
    the best they could come up with was to get a fibre package from them for over £50 a month to which i said no!
    So i went to Vodafone who beat there price for both the ADSL and the Fibre package, so i rang chess this is what i had found and i wanted to go with it, to which the sales guy told me to go for it as he couldnt beat that price and again told me i wouldnt be charged because of the "never beaten on price".... So i took out the Vodafone fibre pacakge...
    So basically They could not match or beat the price AND 3 members of there own sales staff all said i would not be charged as i have found a better deal, BUT they have sent me a bill for over £200 Excuse me??? never beaten on price??? RUBBISH!
    THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES AND I AM SEEKING COMPENSATION

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    To er is human, to really mess up takes a computer!

Silence is golden, gaffer tape is silver!
  • David_Connor
    Options
    I had been with Chess about 10 years and prior to that Nationwide Telecom who Chess took over about 9 years ago, so effectively a total of over 19 years since November 1998.
    I moved my custom to Zen in May this year and soon after got a bill from Chess for nearly £2000.00. Chess had calculated how much my bills would have totalled up to 20/04/2020 which was the contact (5 years) I had unwittingly entered into. This week I got a final demand and the threat of legal action. I have never signed anything and would appreciate any advice. This issue has been ongoing since 2nd June 2017.
  • GaryWeb
    Options
    Hi Dave, do you have any resolution on your situation?
  • David_Connor
    Options
    Hi Gary

Yes thank you.
    If you want more info on how I went about it without any cost to myself please get in touch.

David
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Gary

Yes thank you.
    If you want more info on how I went about it without any cost to myself please get in touch.

David
    ........ or you could just post it on here and let everybody know who might have been in or are still in, a similar situation.
  • David_Connor
    Options
    Hi Gary

Yes, good idea, I will later today.

David
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts