PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

homemade sausages (merged)

Options

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya, :)

I've just added your post onto a thread that covers quite a few aspects of making your own sausages which should help you out here.

If you can't find your answer by all means ask in this thread.

Good luck :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Squeaky my little chicken where would we be without you to help?:D

I've read the whole of this thread and have got loads of info now.Only one question remains for me to answer.Which is better to buy a stand alone mincer/sausage stuffer or get the attachment for my Kenwood Chef?I can get either of them for about the same price so its not a question of cost more about which performs better after all I dont want to waste my time on a piece of equipment that isnt fit for the purpose I want it to do

Lesleyxx
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When my OH made sausages he did them by hand AFAIK, no electrical gadgets.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ravylesley wrote: »
    Oh Squeaky my little chicken where would we be without you to help?:D

I've read the whole of this thread and have got loads of info now.Only one question remains for me to answer.Which is better to buy a stand alone mincer/sausage stuffer or get the attachment for my Kenwood Chef?I can get either of them for about the same price so its not a question of cost more about which performs better after all I dont want to waste my time on a piece of equipment that isnt fit for the purpose I want it to do

Lesleyxx

Totally lost :)

Erm... I've never heard anything bad said about the kenwood attachment - but plenty about "some" other mincers. It will depend on which one you choose, I guess.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Janey51
    Janey51 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could someone please tell me if the A950 sausage attachment for a Kenwood chef will fit my newly purchased Kenwood A920?
    Been searching for ages for the answer.
  • spicey_2
    Options
    The best way to make your own sausages is to get a starter kit- once the bug has hit you will make lots of different ones and the taste is so different from the manufactured ones - cheaper and better quality. http://www.designasausage.com have all the goodies that you need. My latest sausage was made homemade bacon and farm pork with Italian Herb spicemix. Gourmet stuff at a fraction of the price
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have just made a cassoulet, using pork shoulder (just from supermarket) and good quality sausages. I was rather alarmed to find that the sausages cost much more than the meat, in fact, going on double!

I think it's about time I tried to make the pork shoulder into home made sausages. i have found a couple of things on the web, but was wondering if anyone has had a go at doing this. I realise that a lot of members will find the idea of making your own sausages 'quaint'. Although I'm not funny about a lot of the stuff I buy, I'm a bit funny about anything that has unidentifiable meat in it.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Hi purpleivy - not a thing I've made myself, but I do intend to once I have my own pigs ;)

I'll add your post to the existing sausage making thread so that you can browse the hint and tips there :D

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • a11waysindebt
    Options
    Hi,

Has any one made any home made sausages.

I have just bought a hand mincer and am eager to give it a go.

I might even give burgers a go later aswell.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi a11waysindebt,

There's an earlier thread that should help with the sausages so I'll add your post to it to keep the recipes together.

This thread may help with the burgers:

HM Burgers! (merged)

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills