We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    And this was the point where I thought the suggestion of solving the noise problem through the art of the silenced pistol was about to be made... :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I can see the attraction of that, Z :eek::rotfl:

Finance stuff of yesterday finished - no current documentation, so I used the old stuff, and I'll send a copy of the photo I took on my phone when I've learned to download photos from my phone :o:rotfl:

And hopefully I haven't been snaffled by the fraud software again, but we'll see - if the builder rings, I'll know he didn't get it.

My living room is kind of finished :j two thirds of the alcoves aren't painted there, but there's no furniture against those bits, so frankly they can wait. My wardrobe has returned to it's proper space :j and is about one-third filled. That can be finished today.

At which point ... I can unearth the box of Christmas stuff, and start on the cards :eek:

Swagbucks - didn't log in to things properly on my new phone, so I didn't submit Swago, I'll chalk this one up to experience. I really want to get going, but setting the house to rights before Christmas takes priority.

I might be about to do an online supermarket order, if there's any slots left :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Snipping in from this morning's post:

My wardrobe has returned to it's proper space :j and is about one-third filled. That can be finished today
    It's now full of the tops I wanted in there, just a few more to rescue from the airing cupboard. The stuff on the floor is almost sorted too, and it's useable :j

At which point ... I can unearth the box of Christmas stuff, and start on the cards :eek:
    Nope! This has not even been attempted :rotfl:

Swagbucks ...
    I've done the max videos on my phone for ten points :)

I might be about to do an online supermarket order, if there's any slots left :)
    Yes! For next Tuesday, hurray. Ridiculous amount spent, but I'm here for a lot of Christmas, and I'm stocking up as well.

I also tidied the shed and the garden - stacking what can be stacked, that sort of thing. And I avoided a burst water pipe in the garden by the narrowest of margins. Wrapped it up now, in cut up strips of an old ironing board liner. V pleased with that.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,942 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh good idea on the tap.
    Glad you got the wardrope done.
    I have done some cards so the lucky people in the first two batches are just that lucky.
    I have run out of steam and am about out of stamps.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I can understand that, beanie - I love Christmas cards, but my handwriting is utterly *awful* these days, because I don't write, of course. And I'm never a fan of "being happy to order", though I'm a happy person in general.

I'e just kept warm and toasty this afternoon, as my hair's drying, and been a bit lazy :):):)
  • beanielou
    Options
    A friend printed me a nice label for inside my cards so have used them for some & added a personal message too where needed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    That's a nice idea, beanie :)

I've been away for a few days - looking after my sister while she recovers from a sedation for having a tooth out :( but all is well, so it's okay. The only thing *not* okay is that she too lives in an area that's dark for Three reception, like me, and like my brother - so I can't get reception from anyone at all, on Three, with the people I'm most likely to be staying with. Grrr.

Otherwise, I don't have a huge number of Christmas events to go to, because I've been isolated this year by illness and by the events surrounding my mother's death, so I'm using the time to make sure that when local events like writers groups are up and running again, I *can* go to them without thinking about the jobs I still have to do at home. And I'm going to future plan more carefully to see if trips away are do-able.

This is quite a Forward Planning time of year for me :j though I've only written 5 Christmas cards and bought two presents :eek:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning! Got to be up and at 'em again today.

I've amended the Asda order coming tomorrow - decided to cancel the paint, as I'm not sure of the quality, and I'm not ready to start painting the moment I get it. Instead ordered more sponges and washing up dishes :D

Dishwasher and washing machine have both been on today.

And half my Christmas cards are now done. The rest, I think, will have to be sent first class, though I'm not even sure what the last 2nd class date is.

I think I'm going to be A Good Person and defrost the fridge, ready for the Asda order. After which I will officially be sanctified and gain angel wings :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Last second class 20th which I think is Wed.
    1st is 21st Thur.

• Karmacat
    Options
    Ooh, beanie, thats good to hear - I realised that most of the ones I already did, hadn't been posted :o so today's needed to go out 2nd class too. Hurray - they're finished :)

Fridge is defrosted and working again :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Ooh, beanie, thats good to hear - I realised that most of the ones I already did, hadn't been posted :o so today's needed to go out 2nd class too. Hurray - they're finished :)

Fridge is defrosted and working again :)

Glad that they are done & good news on the fridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport