Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,663 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the painting.
    Hope the bookcase goes well :)
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sounding very productive, Kc! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)

Yep, I'm consciously trying to be productive, actually - I'm lucky to be able to upgrade my living conditions like this, but the remains of building work aren't a good situation to be living in, so I want it sorted, well sorted, as soon as possible. That means I'm even roughly putting the books in the right order as I put them back on the shelves :o :rotfl:

£6.25 Amazon gift cert has appeared in my account, I've just done a yougov survey, 20% to the next payout right now, and I faff about with SB, though I haven't finished my cheat sheet yet, so nothing intense.

Still focussing on getting the living room sorted, though I'd forgotten that that also helps the 2nd bedroom. And the 2nd bedroom has it's curtains back up!
    :j

Yet another code for WeBuyBooks for today only, I might try do that, actually, as it would get some stuff out of the house. Otherwise, sorting my own carp.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • michelle09
    Options
    Any luck with WBB? Sounds like the sorting is going well.

Sounds great with the SB if you have something!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,793 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Excellent sorting there KC! :T sorry the soundproofing didn't work too well :( we did consider it here at one point but figured it wasn't worth it if we were moving - based on your experience I'm glad we didn't bother and am only sorry you went through that upheaval for nowt! Has it made any difference at all do you think?

Glad the house is slowly getting sorted again after the building work though :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,663 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Why did you feel you needed the sound proofing KC?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Any luck with WBB? Sounds like the sorting is going well.
    I didn't do it in the end, rats :o I needed to sit still and rest by late afternoon :o
    Sounds great with the SB if you have something!
    I'll pm you then, michelle - I definitely have the feeling that I'm letting money slip through my fingers, betterthanever earns a lot of dosh, and I still haven't reached my first fiver :o
    Excellent sorting there KC! :T sorry the soundproofing didn't work too well :( we did consider it here at one point but figured it wasn't worth it if we were moving - based on your experience I'm glad we didn't bother and am only sorry you went through that upheaval for nowt! Has it made any difference at all do you think?

Glad the house is slowly getting sorted again after the building work though :)
    Thanks Cheery! As far as the soundproofing is concerned, I'm trying to be philosophical - if I hadn't had it installed, I'd be forever wondering, forever a bit regretful that I hadn't given it a go. Peace of mind. I keep telling myself that :D

It has put my mind back to wondering about moving, I confess.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Why did you feel you needed the sound proofing KC?
    Nothing terrible, but they often play their radio/tv very late at night - up to 1 or 2 in the morning, and the guy goes out to work at 5am, so clonking about can start pretty early too. This year, they've been coming back to the house quite late (lots of family in the local area) and I end up jumping with a startle response when I'm already in bed. I do think it's partly the poorly built party wall - when I'm kept awake by their radio, I've gone out into the street at 3 in the morning, and listened, since they keep their windows open - and the noise doesn't make it out to the street. I thought because the actual noise was so low, ordinary acoustic insulation would sort it, but it hasn't. Hey ho. I shall have to become a millionaire and buy a detached property :D
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    As another sound suppressor, what about the idea of sound distraction? Maybe one of those pillows that Philip Schofield's wife was taken with that you can set to emit natural sounds to let you sleep better? - I think it was on Shop Well for Christmas - the second episode
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I'll check it, SL, thanks. It can help a lot to imagine myself as a distant ancestor from medieval times, to be as warm and safe and comfortable as I am, that would be a dream beyond luxury for them. Helps me keep a sense of proportion :)

I've just done a *load* of finance stuff, which surprised me :D:
    - builder prefers to be paid by bank transfer. I'll only do that if I've checked that I've sent £1 through first and it's been received, ie our accounts are linked up successfully. Sent the £1, I'll wait to send the rest until he contacts me.
    - paid cc bill. So far, so normal.
    - weird amount had been paid *in* - over two grand. Then I realised it was my mother's premium bonds :( it's been a year since she died. Sent my one-third to a savings account.

So now I have to make sure I have documentation for it (open the post!) and send off emails and then cheques to my brother and sister. I think that's the last probate duty, apart from selling the house, which *all* of us will be involved in.

As for the rest of my tidying up, I can get the rug down in the living room now, give it a clean, then it's on to the final bit - get the wardrobe back into it's alcove in my bedroom, and fill it up again :D
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    As another sound suppressor,

And this was the point where I thought the suggestion of solving the noise problem through the art of the silenced pistol was about to be made... :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport