Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, lovely people :) Outward and return journeys both absolutely fine.

The trip went very well, though my mother seems to have developed a real life Tardis in that house, to contain her patchworking stash :D and also to create that number of finished articles and to-do projects. We've lost count, for example, of the number of pairs of scissors we've discovered over the last year :rotfl:The stash took a total of maybe 14 hours to go through in detail (from both me *and* my sister)? Plus two full carloads of various tut went to the charity shops/tip.

I was shocked (in a good way!) at how much I managed to do, even though I didn't do quite as much as the other two. I really think that my main problem now isn't the chronic fatigue hangover, it's the actual I-don't-get-enough-sleep problem. To the point of dizziness and nausea.

And I've been thinking about what Suffolk Lass has mentioned about size of threads attracting spam and therefore automatic deletion. I don't think I'm hugely at risk there, but it might be time for one more diary thread before I'm done ... I'm currently unpacking and catching up on things, but I've started to think about the details.

Watch this space :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad the trip went well :) Hopefully you're now resting - and maybe even managed an afternoon nap...? xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,418 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad all went well.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hiya! I didn't nap, actually, didn't even need it ... I caught up with all things computery, unpacked a lot, worked on what I want from the next diary, cleared some of the slate from next to the house, where I don't want it any more, that sort of thing. Nothing strenuous. Started checking out current finances, and I may have watched a few tv programmes I recorded :D
  • beanielou
    Options
    All good then :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    'Cleared some of the slate.... nothing strenuous'?!! Glad you had a good trip and are feeling well :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• beanielou
    Options
    Have a good week Karmcat :)

• Karmacat
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    'Cleared some of the slate.... nothing strenuous'?!!
    :o I spent half an hour brushing sand off slate chips, loading the chips into a (very small) plastic wastebin, and taking it down the garden to spread around the compost bin :rotfl: it really wasn't a big deal.
    Glad you had a good trip and are feeling well :)
    Thanks madvix (beanie too).

The probate trip taught me a few lessons (again!) about activity levels and chronic fatigue: I really don't think I have the fatigue any more, I think I have leftover sleep problems and *extremely* low stamina because of the lack of sleep and the fatigue itself. My limits are still lower than other people's, but not nearly as bad as they used to be. The upshot is, I need to do more, and that helps my sleep.

Instead of a total of 5 hours a night, I'm managing to get just over 6 :j

It's only a start, but I can't tell you how much better that feels.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    So, I went food shopping on Sunday, spent £34 or so, then later tidied up and readied for the builder turning up today. Which he did, finishing off the acoustic insulation to be painted. He's a sweetie, and all was well. I also opened the post, finally, about two weeks worth :o there was a credit card bill that's due in about two weeks from today, and a reminder to process my driving license renewal, which is every ten years, apparently. Waiting 2 weeks was fine :beer:

To do:
    [STRIKE]- I *should* phone the builder, and tell him how disappointed I am at the lack of information coming from him. But it's now 1pm, and I know I won't do it.[/STRIKE] :p
    - phone bro, tell him I don't want the drinks cabinet (I never did! But I don't mind crossing "i"s and dotting "t"s.
    - research contact details of a therapist near where I used to work, for a former client who just contacted me.
    - bit of computer and phone work, tidying things up, scanning, inputting contacts into phone.
    - I really want to buy some white emulsion, but I'm a wee bit tired for that, so I'll stick to faffing around in the garden.
    - phone faffing now includes sb, downloading apps and letting things run and all the rest of it. Leaning heavily on the lovely peeps on here to do my thing :)

That'll do!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Afternoon all :) hmmm, yesterday's to-do list wasn't wonderful: I did far too much faffing on sb, so didn't do enough physically, and as a result slept *really* badly last night, back to 5 hours a night. Evening wasn't relaxing either. Grrrr, shan't do that again.

Took care of info for the client, did the computer and phone work, did the sb faffing (to extremis, actually!) as well as some garden rubbish getting gone, and this morning I managed to go get the emulsion - its madly expensive, £20 for 2.5 litres, Dulux dontcha know. But I *have* it, so I can start this week, and the shop was walking distance.

Phone calls ...who knows :o :rotfl:

Did some other errands this morning - found some old £10 notes :o:o:o which I swapped; bought a birthday card, took some stuff to the charity shop, that sort of thing.

For the rest of today, I'll be working at SB in the background, de-rubbishing the garden, etc. I've cashed out of Opinion Outpost, which I sort of joined by mistake (link was supposed to lead to Pinecone) £6.25 Amazon should be heading my way. Did another YouGov too, 955 points now :) and I have a hankering to have curtains in my 2nd bedroom :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport