MBNA Eligibility Check

Options
Hello

When did MBNA start doing their own eligibility check (like Fluid, Nationwide etc) as part of the initial application process?

Any idea how reliable it is?

Comments

• sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    Well I just tried, and it said no, so I'd say its pretty accurate lol.
  • goaroundnow
    Options
    That's a shame.

I supposed it's more interesting to know who it has said yes to and then declined on full application.
  • jo-bo
    jo-bo Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried the Fluid one and it said I had a good chance of acceptance for the 26 month 0%, went ahead with full app and it said no!!
  • Maestro.
    Maestro. Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    Options
    I think I was very lucky with the fluid one. Did it twice, first time it said no, but here's some products we think you'll get - I applied for the suggested one and got it. Second time round it said yes we think you're eligible, did the full app and got it. Probably just lucky but it's been 5/5 for me and it's probably the similar or same system MBNA use.
    Oh, you wee bazza!
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

When did MBNA start doing their own eligibility check (like Fluid, Nationwide etc) as part of the initial application process?

Any idea how reliable it is?

Worked for me, thanks op just got 16mths @0% thanks for the heads up.
  • goaroundnow
    Options
    Cash_Flow wrote: »
    Worked for me, thanks op just got 16mths @0% thanks for the heads up.

Excellent.

Did you do the eligibility check and it offered a different product (i.e. less than 29 months 0%) or did you apply for something else?
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2014 at 8:34AM
    Options
    Excellent.

Did you do the eligibility check and it offered a different product (i.e. less than 29 months 0%) or did you apply for something else?

I sure did, was offered an alternative product of 16 mths @0% - I Went ahead with the full credit check and was given instant approval.

Thanks for the heads up about the eligilbilty check.
  • moshoodo1
    moshoodo1 Posts: 181 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2014 at 3:02PM
    Options
    I just tried it now based on the card with 29 month 0% transfer but came back offering me the one with 16 month 0% transfer.

I did not apply because i dont need the credit now, just testing.

mbna.png
    Aqua Advance £ 9500 ( Settled ) | BC Platinum Card 25/25 £10500 | 24 studio £1950 | SimplyBe £1800 | Nationwide Flexplus A/C OD £800| Meaningless Noddles score= 3/5
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    is this through the fluid site, or is it the mbna site? I cant find it, so a link or website address would be useful, if someone can post it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure