13/20 AFD please Shaggy
    Happy belated birthday HB, hope you enjoyed all that cheese.:D
    Arkers x
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,665 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 April 2016 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Morning all, not an AFD for me but just wanted to say how happy I am that I found this thread as the amount I want to drink on my non-AFDs is slowly but very definitely shrinking as time goes on, which has to be the influence of the days I don't drink. Still not there yet but much improved and light years away from where I was say seven years ago. This week was the first week ever when I seriously thought that I could give it up altogether and not mind.

Re food though, to continue the discussion from yesterday, the trouble for me on most days really is what's available at work - yesterday we had Friday choc biscuits (two sorts, always available), plus choc brownies, some other sort of chocolate-coated flapjack things and a Victoria sponge! This is just what's sitting around for people to take. On the one hand, it's lovely, on the other, it's hard to resist :(
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    14/20 please Shaggy. Blue sky and sunshine, and hangover free today to appreciate it.
    Thanks Arkers x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, not an AFD for me but just wanted to say how happy I am that I found this thread as the amount I want to drink on my non-AFDs is slowly but very definitely shrinking as time goes on, which has to be the influence of the days I don't drink.
    That's been my experience too cathy. Having AF days has definitely lowered my tolerance. I just can't believe how I managed to function at work when I was drinking regularly mid-week. It's helped me find my stop button and I often have a break mid evening on drinking days and have a soft drink. All previously unheard of.

Bright and sunny here too. I hope everyone's having a good weekend.:)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I just can't believe how I managed to function at work when I was drinking regularly mid-week.

I can't understand how I functioned at all. I know I was sluggish and exhausted most of the time, but I was also often in pain from a hangover or drugged up on ibuprofen or paracetemol. I simply can't fathom what I thought I was doing.

Thank you so much everyone for the birthday wishes. The chocolate making evening was a fabulous, fantastic success and I weighed our haul yesterday, just OH's and mine. Bear in mind I thought we were going to have a chocolate fondue, make mendients and come away from it with a box of eight chocolates each, which I thought was a lovely idea and quite enough, and apparently so did everyone else. Just ours was 1.5 kilos! We all have huge lollipops, six inches across, although M's zebra (a true work of art made with dark and white chocolate stripes) was eight inches nose to tail and six inches tall. It weighed a ton. (The proprietor took photos of it!) We also have nine mendients each and I have a haul of 42 handmade chocolate, which I think was the record. We were supposed to have three each of each of the eight flavours, and there were a few extra. As anything that we didn't take with us was going to landfill we made ourselves do the green thing, obvs. I have no idea if they push the boat that far out for all of the groups that have a chocolate making evening but it was worth every single penny and all of us would do it again like a shot. The best fun imaginable, and a great mixer for the group I'd pulled together, most of whom didn't know each other. By the time we got back here for dinner I could hardly hear myself think the volume of chatter was so loud.

The cheeses went down a treat and I'm so, so glad I was sober for it all. Two people hardly drank at all, the rest didn't hold back but no-one went over the top. I won't forget a second of it and I didn't have a hangover on Saturday morning, bearing in mind I broke my wrist falling over a few years ago when I was drunk on my birthday. Without doubt the best birthday I've ever had.

17/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 818 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    11 please, Shaggy, ta
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    12/24 AFDs today :)
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    11/20 for tonight please.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes to you Honey Bear...Not been online for a while, so missed that - sorry! Glad to hear you had a fabulous day xxx

I got through the whole wedding AF on Saturday, only to cave when we got back to my friend's house where we were staying and she opened a bottle of my favourite wine. I had two big glasses but refused any more, so not too bad.

Popped in at my SiL on our way home, ended up staying for dinner, but declined wine with our food.

16/30 please Shaggy x
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    15/20 AFD please Shaggy.
    Thanks Arkers x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories