Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gifty wrote: »
    Hi ,

I have never been on a sun holiday but was hoping to go on our first one this year. Someone mentioned that first timers might be required to actually buy the newspapers as we may not be able to book online. Where and how do I find this out before it's too late please? I was hoping to be able to book online with the codes here without buying the paper.
    The only way you'll get to book online is to join the list of those wanting a priority booking code from someone not using theirs. Add your username to the list here;-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64267620#post64267620
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We stayed at the holiday park at Lake Garda and flew into Verona and hired a car. It was nice , very close to the lake and could walk down easily and swim in it . The only downside was we stayed in July and it was very very hot. We felt like baked beans in a can at some points in the caravan .

It's a beautiful area I'd definitely recommend it.We drove to Limone and went over by ferry to Malcesine both of which are gorgeous. We also spent an evening in Verona and a day at Gardaland as well as a few pottering around the local area of Salo.

Which park was this? Did you think a car was necessary or could you have got around on foot/ by ferry.
  • HAPPYDAYS2
    Options
    Gifty wrote: »
    Hi ,

I have never been on a sun holiday but was hoping to go on our first one this year. Someone mentioned that first timers might be required to actually buy the newspapers as we may not be able to book online. Where and how do I find this out before it's too late please? I was hoping to be able to book online with the codes here without buying the paper.

you can book most of the same holiday now on breakfree holidays and around the same price x
  • mrsrabbit_2
    mrsrabbit_2 Posts: 151 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2014 at 2:26PM
    Options
    I'd do a paper booking as even if you're unsuccessful your name will be on the system. Next promotion in April e-mail them, tell them you tried in Jan and they will give you a priority booking ref. Holidays will still be available for the same dates and generally the last week of August will then come up. I'm also sure that a booking line is open on the Monday for non-priority https://www.sunbookonline.co.uk/
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HAPPYDAYS2 wrote: »
    you can book most of the same holiday now on breakfree holidays and around the same price x

There's never the same availability for european holidays, and those that are availavle are more expensive then the sun ones.
    I think the uk parks though are around the same price.
  • HAPPYDAYS2
    Options
    There's never the same availability for european holidays, and those that are availavle are more expensive then the sun ones.
    I think the uk parks though are around the same price.

YEP no good for European holidays but very good for uk x
  • Rebecca396
    Options
    Does anyone know how
    to get a butlins holiday?!
  • Rebecca396
    Options
    :AAlso can we try and crack the last days code!:):A
  • ilianora
    Options
    Can a first timer not book online at all? Is it postal only? I'm not a newbie but my parents are asking about it
  • thegirlintheattic
    Options
    Looks like I've missed out, as didn't realise it started yesterday :( First timer so can't use the codes here.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport