Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got my first midwife appointment tomorrow any idea what to expect
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Mine was 45min-hour. Talking about medical history of me and hubby. And about current situation, if there are any concerns you have such as DV.
    Weight, urine and blood tested, I was asked to get a prescription for higher strength folic acid due to my bmi being higher than 30.
    Given some leaflets too.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    You don’t normally get booked in until around 8 weeks so might be why they’ve not rung you back.

I went for a private scan as it was on offer around 10 weeks as curiosity got the better of me.

For telling folk - I didn’t tell work until 9 weeks, only told them as I was doing lifting and couldn’t any more. I’ve still not put it in my Facebook and I’m 16 weeks gone. I think most folk don’t say owt til 12 weeks to be on the safe side as I know my Facebook has an avalanche after 12 week scans. I told my mum straight away tho as we live together and she reads me like a book

Work do - I’d still go but ask for like appetisers or the like so it looks like wine. I’ve been drinking orange juice at the pub for 3 months, still folk ask me if it’s got vodka in it, but I’m happy with the peace. Prob going to put it on Facebook Xmas day as I’ll be half way then.
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • GingerSaurus
    Options
    Thanks dawyldthing but I only left my name and number so they wouldn’t know how far along I was. On another forum I’ve joined lots of ladies due around the same time as me already know when their first appointment is. I’ll just be happier when I’ve spoken to someone, will try again tomorrow!
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    morning all, bimbling along here, now 9+1.

we had out first midwife appointment last week - was really healpful to be able to ask the daft questions! Sickness and nausea seem to be getting worse not better and I'm bloomin tired, but not much we can do about it eh!

Anyone else finding it difficult to get OH to understand how you feel? don't get me wrong he is being supportive and doing loads round the house etc etc but just doesn't sem to get why I'm not happy clappy excited 24/7, I've tried explaining thats its hard to smile while staring into the toilet bowl but even being that blunt hasn't seemed to sink in!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • Ariel85
    Options
    Hi all,

I wondered when did everyone's nausea kick in? I'm currently around 5 weeks and not had a sniff of it yet. Kind of impatiently waiting for it to kick in! I know not everyone gets it but can't help but think it would make me feel more pregnant than I do currently! My only symptom so far has been sore boobs - haven't even been that tired (I'm always tired so hard to know if it's different than normal).

Ginger - I need to call the Dr this week too, hope I can get through to speak to someone! Not really sure how it works here but like you I want to get things moving, especially with potential scan being around Christmas/New Year.

WJN - sorry to hear you have been feeling rubbish! My OH would be the same as yours I think so no real advice but hope you feel a bit better soon.
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ariel, my nausea kicked in bang on 6 weeks, and hasn't left since! at 5 weeks I had zero symptons, but that will soon change for you I'm sure, I know what you mean about making you feel "more pregnant" as miserable as it is I am slightly reassured that it is normal!

I rang the doctors at 6 weeks and was booked in for 8 week appointment with MW, they were really nice on the phone and talked me through everything - hope yours is the same!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • Celepie
    Celepie Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Mine kicked in about seven/eight weeks and was bad for about a month until it started to diminish and was entirely gone by about 15/16 weeks. The first trimester can be pretty rotten but now I'm in second/almost third, and I feel great! So just hold on to that when you feel like crap :D
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I can't quite remember when my sickness kicked in, but it took me ages to realise the link between taking the pregnacare tablets in the morning before breakfast and feeling sick. It was fine pre-conception and for the first few weeks but after a while I realised it wasn't helping at all. They do say to take them on a full stomach, it's just I'd got away with it for so long I didn't realise that was one of the causes. Heat was also not fun, getting out of the shower usually had me retching.

I also don't miss the sore boobs, that was possibly the worst symptom for me. I had to hold them going over speed bumps of which there are about 30 between home and work - half of which are up, drive for a bit and down again so double the pain.

In terms of needing reassurance I think weeks 14-20 weren't great. After the nausea and sore boobs had gone, but before I could feel baby move or had the next scan. Some MWs do a heart check using doppler at the 16 week check but mine don't. So you spend a little while with no symptoms and no real bump to show for it either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback