Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• MrsNubs
    Options
    Kirsty so sorry to hear about your problems. The stress is the last thing you need now! I really hope you improve quickly and can go home. Take comfort in the fact baby is healthy and try not to worry about the dodgy tablets (I know that is so much easier said than done!)

Chelle sorry I have no advice, never even thought to track my HR, didn't realise it was an indicator of anything. I'm sure everything will be fine though.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Hey everyone, still coming back to read even though I'm now 15 weeks. Everyone knows our news now and it's so lovely. I'm enjoying every minute

Congratulations Chelle, lovely to see you here. Your history is the same as mine so I know that the anxiety and fear is heightened and it's difficult to enjoy these early weeks.

However, I really would stop measuring heart rate and doing anything to raise your anxiety. I promised myself this pregnancy I would think positive every step of the way and not google any symptoms etc and it worked and I've been mostly stress and anxiety free. As long as you feel well and report to midwife or GP if not, then you should stop worrying.

Kirsty, really sorry to hear you're in hospital and your GP has messed up so badly. Hope you get the care you need. Try not to worry too much about the tablet that was given or you'll make yourself ill. I'm sure the hospital will do anything necessary to reassure you and check all is well when they can. Get some rest and concentrate on feeling better yourself

I'm off work today after having dental treatment, feel absolutely exhausted so it's a sofa and chill day for me. I don't/can't do naps so if I do go to bed, I'll be likely asleep all day so trying to avoid
  • HJ279
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Had my dating scan today and I'm 8weeks exactly, which is about where I thought I would be based on when the sickness started. Not much more than a slightly wriggly blob on the scan but a good heart beat.

Kirstypoos glad your scan was ok. Can I ask which tablet the consultant said was actually toxic? as I'm on my third anit-sickness tablet from the GP....
  • Teeniepops
    Options
    Hi all.

Sorry you've been poorly, Kirsty. Your GP sounds a bit poo and sorry you've gone through that. Hope you're feeling better now and sure everything will be fine.

Glad the scan went well, MrsNubs! And good to see you over here Chelle x

I went to Nice / Monte Carlo for a long weekend for my friend's 30th birthday. I got my BFP just over a week before and so way too early to explain why I wasn't drinking, but didn't want to let her down so decided to go as doctor said no reason not to go etc. and been planning trip for a year.

Had a scare when arrived as had a bit of bleeding and massive cramps still, but only on one side. Was terrified it was something sinister, but the cramps finally went just before I was about to head to a French medical center. First one since BFP there was no twinges and been doing HPTs to keep eye on the colour of the line to check it's not droppping off and my boobs are mega sore...all seems well. Pretty much no symptoms ATM which is nice as I was getting fed up of the cramps and nausea. I am not concerned as only 5weeks 3 days so the sickness earlier was a bit early and may have been something else..

None of my friends asked why I wasn't drinking but they all know the awful time we have had so either assumed I am or just know we are trying. Don't think any of them will be shocked though haha.

Just wanted to know if anyone had cramps and felt sick early but then it passed? Just more curious than anything.

Hope all ok and their little beans doing well x
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks all - I've been released this afternoon with strict instructions to drink and keep down at least 3 litres of water today and head back to the hospital if I can't do that.

HJ279 it wasn't an anti sickness, so don't worry about that - I was told most anti sickness drugs are quite safe for pregnancy. I was on cyclizine then stemetil and am now on a combo of ondensatron and cyclizine which seems to be working well.
    It was actually an acid reflux tablet - I've suffered for years and been on the waiting list for a fundoplication operation for a long time but it can't be done now I'm pregnant. They normally prescribe omeprazole during pregnancy but it doesn't work for me so have been on pantoprazole for a few years now. Checked with GP when I went for my confirmation of pregnancy appointment and he said it was fine to keep taking, redid my prescription and thought nothing more of it. Told my consultant my drug list on Monday and he got very animated and told me to cease taking it immediately and kept saying it was toxic which really upset me, for obvious reasons.

Stupid me googled it and read that in animal foetuses it can cause leg deformities so then I convinced myself his legs looked too small in the scan. I got very upset yesterday and the hospital pharmacist came to see me and then called in another consultant who was so reassuring. I feel infinitely better already! He reviewed the scan and was happy with the limbs but said he would make a note to ensure the limbs were double checked at my 20 week scan in November.

Hope everyone is ok, I guess at 14 weeks it's time to move to the next thread!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Teeniepops
    Options
    Glad you're out now Kirsty and hope you're 100% soon as poss. Google is the worst thing to cause worry, eh? Hope your second trimenster goes well xx

Can anyone recommend facial skin care products safe to use during pregnancy? I've found some online but wanted recommendations? So many oils and chemicals to avoid! I usually use Tropic and *think* that'll be ok but waiting for them to reply to my email to confirm.

TIA
  • emdoug
    emdoug Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone! hoping i can join in here got my BFP 2 days ago think im around 5/6 weeks, got doc appt tomorrow, just a quick question though does anyone know if i will be okay to fly in december? got a holiday to lanzarote booked for christmas and I've just realized ill be 21/22 weeks by the time we fly :eek:
  • MrsNubs
    Options
    Welcome emdoug and congrats on your BFP!

You'll be fine to fly at 22 weeks, it only becomes an issue much closer to the end as airlines don't want you going into labour on the plane!
  • emdoug
    emdoug Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsNubs wrote: »
    Welcome emdoug and congrats on your BFP!

You'll be fine to fly at 22 weeks, it only becomes an issue much closer to the end as airlines don't want you going into labour on the plane!
    Well thats good to know, can imagine it being quite an inconvenience for them :rotfl:
  • HJ279
    Options
    Thanks for that Kirstypoos, I'm on cyclizine and omeprazole so that sounds ok. Cyclizine isn't working as well anymore though, somedays seems to be ok, others just doesnt work :(

Congratulations Emdoug, flying should be fine then. We're flying end of October and I think I'll be 13wks then which should be ok. Luckily my lo is 2 now, so has to have his own seat, didnt fancy having him on my lap this time lol.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback