Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Mrshaworth2b
    Options
    Cath_Ster wrote: »
    Oh I'm so happy for you Jennifer!! What wonderful news xx

Congratulations Amyturtle and mrshaworth2b too :)

We've booked a private scan mrshaworth2b, went with Babybond. It's booked for next Wednesday - bit terrified they're not going to find anything despite all my symptoms!

I had a scan last night and I'm 5 weeks, she could show us the sac and the "feotal pole" which is apparently what the baby is called :) so I'm sure you'll be fine, we're going back in 2 weeks for a rescan and we also went with babybond
    Newly Married, not a 2b anymore!! Mum to two wonderful boys!
  • AmyTurtle
    AmyTurtle Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Pinkshoes, maybe you should consider a private scan, it would be worth the cost for the reassurance I should think? Googling is the worst thing you can do - it always gives extreme/worst case scenarios. I'm seriously considering it, had no problems but just don't think I can wait another 6 weeks for my scan!

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and my boobs aren't just sore, they actually massively ache! Can barely cope with wearing a bra. Also my stomach has got massive! My sis in law (a midwife) says the hormones cause bloating but I don't actually feel bloated, just really big. Have had a few nauseous feelings but they have only lasted a split second so far. Have made a Dr's appt for Monday, feel a bit silly announcing to the Dr I'm pregnant a month after he started testing me for fertility issues :rotfl:
  • jenni_fer
    jenni_fer Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pinkshoes, I think I'd have to have a private scan in your situation to give me some piece of mind. What were you basing your dates on? Could they be right about it being 2 weeks less than you thought? Hope you are doing ok, limbo is a horrible place to be.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jenni_fer wrote: »
    Pinkshoes, I think I'd have to have a private scan in your situation to give me some piece of mind. What were you basing your dates on? Could they be right about it being 2 weeks less than you thought? Hope you are doing ok, limbo is a horrible place to be.

Definitely going to go for a private scan in two weeks time! I had one last pregnancy as I got bored waiting for NHS scan, and it uncovered my MMC...

Last AF started on 18th January, and cycles were a very regular 28 days before the MMC in September. The calculator would make it 7 weeks.

I suppose nature could just be doing something weird. Perhaps the heavy bleed slowed things down???

I am having quite a few pregnancy symptoms, like being VERY tired, sore boobs, very mild stomach cramps/aches. I feel far more pregnant than i did with the MMC at least!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • jenni_fer
    jenni_fer Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Crossing my fingers it's mother nature being weird :)
  • Mat_Lock
    Mat_Lock Posts: 2,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, had our 12 week scan today. We're actually 12+6 so new due date of 23rd September. Heard heartbeat which melted me inside. Can't wait now, for me as a bloke it really feels real now.

Off to the other thread now, bye all and thanks
  • Cath_Ster
    Cath_Ster Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Glad all was ok at your 12 week scan Mat_Lock! Pinkshoes hope your private scan provides you with some reassurance. X

We had our private scan today, I was absolutely terrified but all looks good. :) Baby was in there kicking its legs and we saw the heartbeat so feeling so much better now (although so weird to think that's growing inside me!)

Now just got to wait for my 12 week scan date!
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    scan put us forward a few days so now 12+5. Off to the next thread. Good luck ladies, hope to see you there soon!
  • AmyTurtle
    AmyTurtle Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats on the scans ladies & Mat_Lock!
    Had an early scan yesterday as have had some brown spotting and all looks OK thankfully. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow (but really 6 weeks as I ovulated really late), saw the gestational sac with the yolk sac inside, bit early to see the fetal pole or a heartbeat yet but going back in 2 weeks, fingers crossed all will be OK. They even told me I ovulated from the left ovary which I suspected as all the early niggly feelings were on the left hand side.

Got my booking in appointment with the Midwife next Thursday as well, all seems very real now :D
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have an NHS scan at the EPU on Tuesday due to 4 more days of bleeding, albeit much lighter than last time. Would just be nice to know what is going on with my body!!

If all is OK on Tuesday I will get round to a booking in appointment with the MW. Just too paranoid that I'm going to miscarry, so haven't booked one yet!

Anyone else have wind?? (sorry!). I'm eating the same foods as usual, but OMG can't stop farting. OK, really sorry, but just had to share that.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback