Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I so agree with your view of the government pension debacle - I've got to wait till 66 for mine! :mad: I've been working since I was 15 and getting a bit weary now.......
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I so agree INOD. They welched on a deal, pure and simple. What I love about us on here is we are taking control for our own lives despite what the government may or may not do :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    well, i completely filled one of our brown bins and made a start on the other but the garden continues to cry out for tlc. apart from that, a relatively uneventful sunday rounded off by watching poldark. must just go now and tell OH that he's making his own way in tomorrow as i'm going straight to a client
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It's so so cold. If man had fully evolved, we would hibernate in mortgage free dwellings. Yesterday, I got the present match done and now can see exactly who still needs presents. These people include my mother. For her birthday I got her a box of toffee and a jar of marmalade. Anything else would have been just bought for the sake of it so I feel more of a need to come up with a Christmas present.
    Am struggling to get ready for work but needs must. Tonight is my fourth last jog club session. Fingers crossed it stays dry

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday I made a mistake and turned up half an hour early for my first meeting. There was a social enterprise outlet close by selling mattresses made by people with disabilities so I bought one. Despite my mattress being only two years old, it lacks comfort and I've been promising a new one for ages so I bit the bullet. Today I am changing the dollars we brought back from holiday and that will leave another £150 to find by next week to pay for the mattress. Think a raid on tcb, etc is called for.

Went to jog club last night and managed 5k non stop very slow jog. Whoop whoop. Also, while it was cold, it stayed dry which was wonderful. Returned home to a dinner of mash, fried onions and sausages which totally hit the spot. Anyhow, better get a wiggle on. Hope everyone's day goes well.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A good mistake then.
    Happy new mattress:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounding good!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done on buying the mattress. A happy accident :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brilliant news on your 5K! Running it non-stop (regardless of speed) is a massive achievement.
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was an early start to work in dublin but we had a fairly productive day which was good. New mattress was delivered and old one collected. Stopped off on way home in sainsbugs to avoid having to shop this weekend and to make use of my £9 off voucher. Shampoo used by all in the house was on offer so stocked up on that and dd's fav orange juice that was also on offer.
    New mattress was installed when I got home and is so much comfier. I always feel better for a decent night's sleep.
    Anyhow, gotta get going. TGIF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure