Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2014!

Options

Comments

• Pablosammy
    Options
    Might seem like crud now but knowing exact,y what has happened and what you need to do is the most important step!

Here's to 2015 :)

Turns out it wasn't so bad. I'd forgotten to factor in a £12k parental loan I had for a year back in 2011, which makes the graph look a little more palatable - i.e. it's a slow downward trend rather than a complete capitulation.

Regardless, at its peak my debt was a touch over £40k, and I'm now the least in-debt I've been since mid University over a decade ago. That's my positive for Christmas day :rotfl:
  • muppets
    muppets Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Last payment for me went out yesterday making my total for this year
    #34 Pd £21,249.64 / £21,000 - 101.18%:j

Thank you to minicooper for running this years thread you did a great job keeping us all going.
    Thank you to Pablosammy for taking over on next years thread, I do remember you on the thread a few years back. ;)

Merry christmas everyone see you on the new thread.:xmassign::santa2:
    PAYDBX 2020 - #01 Pd £15,029.29 / £13,140.66 - 114% 🎉

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
    Mortgage - PD 126,846.35/ 271,495.07 46.72%[ MF was Aug 2038 now Sept 2035 😲
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone :)

Hoping Santa was good to you all, and you're all enjoying lots of turkey! Just waiting on dinner here, big reveal for our Christmas total tonight!
  • amr547
    amr547 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Christmas everyone x
  • minicooper272
    Options
    eecjwd wrote: »
    I've not posted for a couple of months but have still been busy paying it off

#129 £8747.99 / £9016

That means I have one payment of £268.01 left to pay which would normally go out by direct debit on the 25th but should now go on the 29th, so I won't officially be debt free for Christmas but will be before the year is out

Oh how exciting/frustrating! I'm about to do an end of year round up, but don't worry this thread will stay open for a little while yet to capture any stragglers!
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Hubby got pid so sent £50.23 clearing it again before the year ends brings my total to £4085.14 this year

Might see if I can squeeze another payment somewhere, let's see how we do after Xmas lol

Well done abba - you did so well!
    Pablosammy wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Stuck in work tonight, I don't finish until 7am tomorrow. I've been bored, so went on my Noddle account and exported ALL the data into Excel to plot my total debt over time since Uni. It's made me a bit annoyed with myself, because I hadn't realised quite how much I've let it slip in the last few years, and it busted a few myths I'd held in my own head about my debt history.

Never mind, 2015 is coming, and by the end of it I WILL be either debt free, or nearly there. No point crying over spilt milk, I'm just going to keep looking forward and plugging away.

Congrats to everyone who's worked so hard this year, especially to MiniCooper for running the thread. Seeing the thread had prompted a proper LBM for me, so THANK YOU :)

I never knew you could do that with Noddle, but it might be a bit daunting. Definitely the majority of my debt accumulated as a student, but the peak was in the year after graduating. You don't realise how expensive real life is until you start living it!
  • minicooper272
    Options
    muppets wrote: »
    Last payment for me went out yesterday making my total for this year
    #34 Pd £21,249.64 / £21,000 - 101.18%:j

Thank you to minicooper for running this years thread you did a great job keeping us all going.
    Thank you to Pablosammy for taking over on next years thread, I do remember you on the thread a few years back. ;)

Merry christmas everyone see you on the new thread.:xmassign::santa2:

Well done Muppets! Roll of honour to follow :):)
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Roll of Honour 2014!

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

:j #034 muppets Paid £21,249.64 :j

:j:j:j:j 25th December 2014 :j:j:j:j

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Right gang - WE MADE IT!!!! :xmassign:

So here are the facts for the year (and I'm going to see how many emoticons I can get in here):

We welcomed 218 members this year :santa2: (I suppose it's time to say goodbye to you from the 2014 thread too!)

Altogether we had a total debt of over £1.5m :eek::eek:

In December (so far at least) we have managed to pay off £35,397.75 :dance: (The totals for each month are down at around post 6 on the front page if you want to see the breakdown!)

This takes our total for the year to:

:j:j£546,391.96:j:j

That is over half a million quid right there :eek:

We also have 21 members who reached their target or became debt free this year :j

Please feel free to add any final payments after this post - I'll re-summarise next week if I get any new payments posted.

MASSIVE congratulations to every single one of you - give yourselves a big pat on the back and do a happy dance :dance: :rotfl: enjoy what's left of 2014, and good luck for the future to everyone who is carrying forward to next year :)
  • amr547
    amr547 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Amazing! Well done everybody :D
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only checking in now. Well done everyone on their achievements this year. I have to say thank you to you all for helping me along the way of cutting my debt in half. I know for a fact I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I am currently sitting down to a blank page and the MSE Debt Forums open. I intend to spend the next hour or so working out if I owe more than my £1500 ATM. With Christmas happening I'm pretty sure I do owe more, but hopefully not much.
    I have 2 catalogue accounts paid off and I'm not using them again for a while.
    I am now down to a Credit union loan, and a credit card loan. The Credit card loan is bigger than the Credit union.

I am also going to work out a savings plan, and look into opening a savings account to help me with that also.

I shall update in the new thread and I hope that this time next year I'll be debt free.

Congratulations to those that have met their targets and have become debt free this year, and heres to 2015 where the rest of us can follow in your footsteps!
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure