We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2014!

Options

Comments

• amr547
    amr547 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got £20 in total from a few family members so I guess that is nearly all of my takeaway paid for :)
  • sharronej
    Options
    Thanks Mini Cooper,

I've been fighting this debt war for years unfortunately but this time I'm determined to make a long lasting difference. I've set up extra payments for the next twelve months through online banking so that I only change the plan if we have an emergency rather than waiting to see if there's anything left over....there never is! I'm also going through the freezer and doing some batch cooking to see if I can cut back on our food order. I used to be so good at budgeting but this year has been so busy that I just haven't bothered which in reality means I've wasted a full years worth of payments on the cc because the balance hasn't actually moved at all :(

It's been a relief to be honest that people have started threads indicating that they have also had a financial yoyo battle as it's easy to feel that you're the only one losing the battle!

Good luck everyone x
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck to you too sharronej :D

Happy birthday AMR :bdaycake: xxx
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Bailey25
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join in please. I have 2 credit cards on 0% with a joint balance of £1900. I'd like to pay them off by the end of the year and start 2015 debt free!!!

£1900
    DFBX2014 challenge #052 £1900/£1900
    £2 savers club 2014 #48 sealed pot to be opened 01.12.14
  • amr547
    Options
    Really really hoping I'll have £500 basic pay left at the end of the month so I can meet my car savings target, I'm sure I've probably missed something out though. Pah! Numbers confuse me.
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy birthday amr!
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • utopiah
    utopiah Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi can i join in again please? My total to clear in 2014 will be £1323.
    Mortgage free 25/9/2019 8years and 7 months early 😁😁😁
  • amr547
    Options
    thanks all :)
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday amr.

Thanks for the number Minicooper.
    sharronej wrote: »
    Thanks Mini Cooper,

I've been fighting this debt war for years unfortunately but this time I'm determined to make a long lasting difference. I've set up extra payments for the next twelve months through online banking so that I only change the plan if we have an emergency rather than waiting to see if there's anything left over....there never is! I'm also going through the freezer and doing some batch cooking to see if I can cut back on our food order. I used to be so good at budgeting but this year has been so busy that I just haven't bothered which in reality means I've wasted a full years worth of payments on the cc because the balance hasn't actually moved at all :(

It's been a relief to be honest that people have started threads indicating that they have also had a financial yoyo battle as it's easy to feel that you're the only one losing the battle!

Good luck everyone x

If there's one thread to make a difference on people's debt it's this one.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Ruthy1604
    Options
    Hi :wave:

I'm back after a little break from debtbusting. Although I did become DF this year, my next target was the mortgage. I have done a stupidish thing and used some 0% cards to fully offset my mortgage. :j All well and good & it did feel great for a few days, until I realised that I haven't actually paid off the mortgage as I now need to pay the cards off before the 0% deals run out. Doh :o

So - thats my plan this year. I'll be using the mortgage repayment money, plus whatever extra I can find from scrimping, saving and ebaying to be DF and MF by Xmas 2014.

Please can I have a new number. My target is £14420

Ruth
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business