Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2014!

Options

Comments

• amr547
    amr547 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so it's my birthday tomorrow and being very MSE I have no presents, I'm not going out and we're just having a takeaway instead. Boy, getting old stinks.
  • dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    Options
    amr547 wrote: »
    so it's my birthday tomorrow and being very MSE I have no presents, I'm not going out and we're just having a takeaway instead. Boy, getting old stinks.

Happy birthday for tomorrow. I too didn't get presents for Christmas. My DD was telling her dad when they were trying to suss out what I wanted I was muttering about "Things!" and looking stricken. I saw it as a victory for space over "the things" who (they grow like people, hence the "who") were clearly expecting company with the advent of Christmas. Tough! Space rules:) (well... more like making a pathetic attempt to rule, but is finally asserting itself after years of being filled up by The Things).

I paid off my credit card instead. It was one of the best Christmas presents ever. I keep ringing up to hear the telephone banking message saying I am 79p in credit! It's been....years...since credit on my credit card came to visit me.
  • lainey29
    Options
    This is going to be the year! I'd like to pay off

£2000

This is the last push and would love it to see it all gone by dec 2014 - if not before!......good luck everyone!
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hello all.

How did I miss this until now.:eek: I definitely want to join for the next year. I have put down my current balance on my payplan account but this may rise as I'm struggling to get final figures from my creditors. They may have added interest so this may rise.

my current target is £1301

I can't wait to get started on this because whatever happens at the end of this year I plan to be debt free.

Thanks for running this thread Minicooper.

Now I'm off to read the first four pages I have missed.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • minicooper272
    Options
    sharronej it's also about what you think it manageable this year, and you're more than welcome to come back in 2015 too! You're #047

amr547 Happy Birthday for tomorrow! _party_ Put on a good film, and enjoy your take-away!

dktreesea I know what you mean about Things - I think I'm starting to think along your lines too - next year I'm verging on a 1 in, 1 out policy - otherwise there will be no space left for me in my house any more!

lainey29 I think this might be a silly question but is it an L at the start of your name or a capital I? Want to make sure I get it right! You're number 048!

parsniphead You're not that late - we've only been up and running for 2 days! You're number 049 this year.
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Also - no sign of Kerri so far, do you think she's had her little one yet? Only a few more days to go!
  • PicklePickle80
    Options
    Hi

I am brand new to the forums but would love to participate in this challenge please.

I would like to pledge £11000to pay off by Xmas 2014.
    Thanks
  • lainey29
    Options
    Hi it's a L not a capital i thanks for checking.
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Hi PicklePickle80 You're our 50th member! Number 050.

thanks lainey29 I thought it probably was - but it's always worth asking.
  • Pinkpenguin
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Please can you put me down for £5000. Determined to pay off a Credit Card and be out of my Overdraft by next Xmas!!

Thanks, and good luck everyone :beer:

PP xx
    October 2023 - £48,075
    DFD - June 2030

October NSD - 15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts