Thrifty Gifty Santas Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sammy Kaye welcome , it's a bit quiet here at the moment , but things will soon pick up 👍

Mum2one - hope you have a good holiday 😄 can't wait for an update when you get back

Sorry I not been around lately. My shoulder worse than ever so I been feeling sorry for myself 😢 I'm ok though just in one of those 😏

Hope you are all one and enjoy the Easter break
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back from hols. Bought very nice hand painted glass decoration with a thistle and the first lines of auld lang syne from a gift shop in whithorn which has inspired me to do a box of thistle-inspired stuff for my dad. I shall say 'thistle do' (he loves bad puns every much as i do) also got him a box of 100 tea bags from a co. Called penny farthing for father's day. Princely sum of one pound (he also loves anything to do with bikes)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you had a good holiday Dundee. I have been busy still with family, what with the kids being home. Not had time to do anything else really. After the hols and the kids go back, we are going away the following weekend just fri to mon. Looking forward to that. Going with my daughter and her children and they are saying they will teach me to swim haha. After that is all over I will get down to making up a list of what I want to make for the year and really get down to making stuff. I need to start making some more stuff for my online shops too.

Hope you are all well xx
  • DundeeDoll
    Options
    Anyone know where i might find a thrupenny bit?
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    eBay maybe
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options

i bought a couple for my kids at a carboots sale in sheringham last summer they were only about 20p each from memory.

when do you need them for and ill keep a look out at the carboots for you. how much do you want to pay?
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • DundeeDoll
    Options
    Are you near sheringham? I used to live in southrepps.
    1st december and 50p :D or i could put 3 pennies in i guess. Gosh havent been to a car boot for years. Had fab knitting club tonight - we have a cunning plan and not a turnip in sight!
  • susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    Are you near sheringham? I used to live in southrepps.
    1st december and 50p :D or i could put 3 pennies in i guess. Gosh havent been to a car boot for years. Had fab knitting club tonight - we have a cunning plan and not a turnip in sight!

Hiya dundeedoll I intrigued in more ways than one. A thrupenny bit? What do you need one of those for ? And what a turnip got to do with it? I nosey, don't feel you have to answer.

I have a dilemma . I am a chocoholic , there I've said it . I have for 9 weeks without any. And I just been given an egg. I'm so sad. I love it. But know I can't resist it :-(

I know a little of something is good for you. But bear in mind I know if I taste the chocolate that will be the end of my diet. I have atè 12 Mars bars and a topic in one sitting. And in another 5 packets of Jaffa cakes :-(

I do really need to lose weight for health reasons.

Decisions , decisions

Hope you are all having a fab few days , with the weather
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • DundeeDoll
    Options
    For my mum's advent i'm doing her 24 crackers each a clue for a musical. 3d is of course half a sixpence :-) but i'm also doing my best friend an 'opera box' for xmas which will be 12 clues for opera and there is the threepenny opera hence looking for 2. Elsewise i'll look out for uk chocolate coins and see if i can make 3p :P
    Coo well done on the no chocolate. If a little is a dangerous thing for you can you give it to someone else? Or could you say i will allow myself choclate on the 1st of each month (or whatever date) then wolf the lot?
    Oh and the turnip was merely a ref to baldrick from blackadder. Dundee utd are in the cup final 17th may and we're going to knit the penguin statues dundee utd hats and desperate dan and minnie scarves. Yarn bombing :-)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    morning all
    hope everyone had a good easter.
    no not near sheringham but we go there for a week every summer.
    i got the black adder reference, thought that programme was so funny. will keep a look out for a 3d bit and let you know if i come across one.
    the advent and opera box ideas sound fab gifts.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure