TalkTalk Speedy Payment Discount

molerat
molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
edited 21 December 2013 at 9:16PM in Phones & TV
My bill e-mail arrived this afternoon and there is a link for 15% speedy payment discount if you pay within 24 hours of the e-mail arrival. Cracking deal as it can be paid with a credit card. Happy to forego my 123 3% from Santander of 24p to get a 15% discount of £1.20 +1% on my card plus the money sitting in my 123 account earning 2.7% for another 20 days, a total saving of £1.04p over paying by DD.

Now the bad bit. The e-mail was timed at 1415 today. I clicked the link at 1615 and got the message that I had missed the speedy payment deadline. :mad:

Now the good bit. Phoned TT customer care and was told that the bill was issued yesterday but as I received the e-mail today he would give me £3 off my bill and take the reduced DD at the normal time. It looks like they may be aware that they have a system issue but are covering it well if you bother to complain.

My first contact their cs and very well handled, now I wonder how my EE broadband cancellation billing fiasco is getting on :(

Comments

• molerat
    Now the second good bit. I clicked the e-mail link the next day and it stated I was eligible for the discount so paid it with my CC and got another 75p off the reduced amount. :D
  • SunKing_2
    SunKing_2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    I saw the 15% discount as well, hope they keep it forever.
    I have been with Talktalk for now seven and half years, I have rang up two of my friends and told about the discount straight away ....
    Thank you Dido !!
  • Saw this speedy discount on my bill today and paid this evening and have confirmation of reduced payment. Has anyone any experience what happens when my DD is due to come out (13th January) - do they take it and credit or what???? Many thanks.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi All,

If payment is made via Speedy Payment then a DD will not be taken that month.

You can find more information on this in our Speedy Payment Help Article.

Cheers

Mark
    Online Community Executive
    TalkTalk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    I can confirm the DD was not taken.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi All,

If payment is made via Speedy Payment then a DD will not be taken that month.

You can find more information on this in our Speedy Payment Help Article.

Cheers

Mark
    Online Community Executive
    TalkTalk

Hi,

According to this page, http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/guided-assist/making-payments, only paying by card would case a "Non Direct Debit Admin Fee" to be charged.

I guess it isn't intended to enforce this with the speedy payment discount, but that should be made clear.

Is the Speedy Payment discount something offered to all customers, or only selected customers?
  • molerat
    Again no speedy payment discount option available even when the bill had only just appeared in my on line account, no e-mail received yet almost 24 hours after bill appeared. There is obviously a serious systems glitch which needs sorting. Last month the csr sorted a discount within minutes but today I am currently at 30 minutes and on hold for the 4th time while the rep tries to do something. All he managed to do this time is make a note on my account for someone to look into it. 40 minutes of my time wasted with no result, not good enough, it needs sorting.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Molerat,

We can arrange a callback from a Customer Services Manager for you, if you are registered on the TalkTalk Community, who will be able to look into this further and look to get this resolved.

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk
    Online Community Department
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    My query has been"passed up and someone will get back to me within a week". Now more than 48 hours after my bill appeared in My Account I still have not received an e-mail and still no sign of the discount being available. It has been mentioned by others on the community that they are being denied the discount and being told by CS tough as you tried to pay outside of the window.
  • molerat
    Well, the e-mail arrived just now, 72 hours after the bill was put on line and after clicking through the speedy payment link I was indeed offered the discount. It seems that I have to wait for the e-mail to avail myself of the saving so paying 3 days later than I would have done has saved me money, strange way to run a business :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure