We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The 'Save 12k in 2014' Thread!

1…4445474950…197

Comments

  • jaggerc1
    jaggerc1 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Sorting my banking out. All my new accounts are set up and I've now set a S/O up to take advantage of currant account savings.

    Was longer than I thought but will be worth it in the end.

    Also a quick note to anyone leaving Barclays and has to shut their account down. You lose the ability to use their mobile banking app (I need/want to check isa's and savings) so I have now opened a new barclays current account where I will have around £20 just so I can use their app.

    I will update the spreadsheet on thursday after I get paid.

    Congrats Cydney
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Front page and spreadsheet updated :)

    Congratulations Cydney! :j :j
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Pretty tragic amount for January unfortunately. Only about £150 saved.

    Had an expensive month with valentine's day and various birthdays coming up, plus I booked front row Lee Evans tickets for me and the fiancee in September.

    Will be much better in February!
    What will your verse be?

    R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Been a lurker on the forum for a few years, reading the motoring board. Now reading the money boards, and joined tonight after reading the really cool inspirational threads like this one. :)

    Can you put me in for £4,000 for this year please?

    I could probably do a bit better than that but wanted a realistic target for my first year saving.
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • Just read your post from today, congratulations cydney!:j
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • I'm in the process of setting up a FlexDirect account (5%) for the first two months of savings and then my plan is to put the next £3000 in a Yorkshire Bank current account (4%) and then after that hopefully find some other comparable accounts to save in.

    Despite 'just' aiming for £12,000 here I'm actually just trying to save as much as possible so I can build up a sizeable deposit before I turn 30 in 2017. With a bit of luck I should be able to hit nearer £15,000 this year if I tighten my belt.
  • First update of today. I have only managed to save £200 this month. Have my little boys christening on the 8th and the venue & food has come to £597. So the savings have had to take a hit. I will be alot better in Feb, the car also needs taxed and i need to get myself and my son a new passport for our summer holiday in June. The head is more definitely going down now for the next few months.

    Declaring £200 for this month.

    Aiming for £900+ next month ;)

    Happy Savings Guys!

    JCG

    xx
    :smileyheaMarried on 20/07/2012! :smileyhea
    :DBought my new car 11/08/12:D
    :cool: Save £12k In 2013 Num 009! £5502/£5000 :cool:
    Save £12k in 2014 Num 22! £2131/£3000
    Emergency Fund £0
  • teabody
    teabody Posts: 212
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Starting small but have just updated the £36.34 that I have put away x:j
  • MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Declaring £131.97 for January - I'm just glad I managed to save anything at all in this veeeery long month :j

    Roll on February and happy saving :)
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,279
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    MissE001 wrote: »
    Roll on February and happy saving :)

    Yes, good news - February only has 28 days! However, if you are saving the interest is only for 28 days!
    Thank you for reading this message.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.