DLA/ESA Christmas £10.

Options

Comments

• JamesPeter
    Options
    I have just checked my bank account and I see an extra £10.00 went in with my Contributory ESA (Support Group) last Thursday.

The problem being two weeks before this I got a stand alone payment of £10.00 from the DLA (I don't actually receive DLA regular payments due to overlapping benefit rules but I do have a live claim with them) so this £10.00 payment was easy to spot.

Upto and including last year, I got the Christmas £10.00 bonus with my War Pension (which is due next week), so at this rate I will probably end up with three of them this year.

Looks like I will have to write off to DLA, ESA and the Veterans Agency to get this sorted as I am sure I am only entitled to one Christmas Bonus!!

James.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sunnyone wrote: »
    I have been on DLA from the begining and I have always been paid every four weeks on a wednsday.

Nannytone you have just been trying to get reassessed for years, trying very hard from what you have posted and you have recently been successful therefore you have been reassessed since you were first awarded DLA.

for years?
    18 months. if you call that 'years' then you have a differing opinion of timescale from mine.
    and yes, 'i asked to be reassessed'
    they NEVER reassessed me, until i asked them to, even though i have received dla SINCE 1996
    ihave bec assured by a decision aker that my claim will not be ookedat again until i am transitiond to PIP.
    oersonally i dont afree with this. everyone should be assessed regularly, regards of if they have a condition that cannot improve.
    it is public funds and as such, needs to be accounted for
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    Options
    Did you receive your £10 xmas bonus, beanie?

I still haven't received mine, although i'm definitely entitled to one. The best they can say is not to expect it in xmas week. Twill be mid january at the very earliest, now. What more can i say?
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ani - some people have said (on here and elsewhere, I think) that they got their £10 when they normally get paid their DLA / ESA. Have you checked to see if this is the case?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eventually got it ani.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    ani - some people have said (on here and elsewhere, I think) that they got their £10 when they normally get paid their DLA / ESA. Have you checked to see if this is the case?

Thanks sh1305.

Yes, i have checked, (right back through november and december,) and so has Jc+. We're all in agreement i qualify for the payment, should have received the payment, but as yet haven't received the payment. I've been told to wait and see if it goes in with my next payment and if not, call again. I'd be very surprised if it does, and the advisor didn't make any positve noises to suggest they would make sure it did. It's obvious to me it's been bypassed, somehow. They simply don't care if you've received it or not, the same as everything, you have to jump through hoops for £10.

Sheer ongoing incompetence and uncaring attitude of governmental departments. There's nothing you can do except wait.

Maybe i'll receive it in time for next xmas?

Who knows.................................
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I feel your pain ani.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • motherbored21
    Options
    A whole £10!! I hope you all spent it wisely...

I am sure it used to be more? What happened whilst I was living overseas?
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A whole £10!! I hope you all spent it wisely...

I am sure it used to be more? What happened whilst I was living overseas?

its always been £19 since it was introduced in the 89's.
    back then it was equivalent to a weeks pension, so it reallt made a difference
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    its always been £19 since it was introduced in the 89's.
    back then it was equivalent to a weeks pension, so it reallt made a difference
    IT Has always been £10 not £19 and was introduced in the 70s not 80s
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport