Currys and their customer service RE: Complaints

Options
I have written a complaints letter to Currys and sent it recorded delivery to their head office, which was signed for.

I then called their customer service department on a recorded line (at work) after hearing nothing for 5 weeks, not so much as an acknowledgement to my previous letter. And was told my complaint is 'in the pile'.

I have now sent an email before I seek legal advice. I have also sent a letter to Jeremy Fennell at his home address (A Director that was appointed in 2012).

Has anyone else had any luck getting a response from a complaint with Currys?

The individual I spoke with on the phone had very little knowledge on how to hold a polite conversation, and sounded around extremely young...

Comments

• italiastar
    italiastar Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Options
    This may sound silly, but have you tried speaking to the store manager?
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    italiastar wrote: »
    This may sound silly, but have you tried speaking to the store manager?

Was it a store purchase though?
  • taxiphil
    taxiphil Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    Currys now have a blanket policy of ignoring all complaints, whether made by e-mail or letter.

I recently sued them using MCOL after they ignored 2 of my recorded letters. Interestingly their ignore policy also seems to apply to court documents, so I won the claim by default.

Needless to say they've also ignored the county court judgment which they received 3 weeks ago.

I'm giving it a few more days then taking out a warrant of execution.
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    taxiphil wrote: »
    Currys now have a blanket policy of ignoring all complaints, whether made by e-mail or letter.

I recently sued them using MCOL after they ignored 2 of my recorded letters. Interestingly their ignore policy also seems to apply to court documents, so I won the claim by default.

Needless to say they've also ignored the county court judgment which they received 3 weeks ago.

Go for it...the two helpful employees that often helped by posting on MSE appeared to have 'backed off' more recently.

I do wonder why?
  • italiastar
    italiastar Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Options
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Was it a store purchase though?

Good point.

Shop may still deal with issue - I dont know because I wouldn't shop in PC World or Currys for this very reason - their customer service was poor 40 years ago when my dad bought me a cassette recorder, and ive not shopped there since, apart for items which are real bargains and I know the risk in buying from them.
  • bullshark_2
    Options

Thank you, it appears they do ignore. I have made 3 attempts now, all recorded. I am taking your advice and using MCOL now.
  • bullshark_2
    Options

I am not actually trying to claim any money back, so not sure how far I will get with MCOL. But they are ignoring me, so surely that is illegal?
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, it is not illegal to ignore someone. You don't seem to have a financial loss, so suing is pointless. From the limited information you've given, it sounds as though you should just not use them again
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • bullshark_2
    Options
    No, it is not illegal to ignore someone. You don't seem to have a financial loss, so suing is pointless. From the limited information you've given, it sounds as though you should just not use them again

The chap above won a claim by default just because they ignored his letter...

I was being sold an item for £100 cheaper than anywhere else in the country (ex display model). The staff were unscrewing it from the display for me and then one of them went on their iPhone to see how much they are worth (as I stupidly showed great excitement over the great bargain I found) and then they cancelled the sale as one of the chaps wanted it for himself!! How professional!
    I was told I could no longer have it! After I had made payment! Yes they refunded me instantly, but what a joke!

Are you telling me you would just "not use them again" ... not a chance.
  • VictorCharlie
    Options
    bullshark wrote: »
    The chap above won a claim by default just because they ignored his letter...

I was being sold an item for £100 cheaper than anywhere else in the country (ex display model). The staff were unscrewing it from the display for me and then one of them went on their iPhone to see how much they are worth (as I stupidly showed great excitement over the great bargain I found) and then they cancelled the sale as one of the chaps wanted it for himself!! How professional!
    I was told I could no longer have it! After I had made payment! Yes they refunded me instantly, but what a joke!

Are you telling me you would just "not use them again" ... not a chance.

Wow, that's pretty outrageous. How did you keep your cool in the store?
    Have you thought about going to the press?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure