Options
123457»

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Superior? No.

I had Live since 2005 and used PSN since 2010, both were comparable services. PSN was actually the nicer place to play at the time due to the lack of microphones that MS gave away with their consoles.

XBLive where every scumbag kid could vent their spleen and be openly abusive or racist to other people without fear of repercussion. It's the reason I left XBL for PSN, every game was a b*tchfest.
    to be fair you can play without the mic. however what i have noticed over the years is people saying xbox live is superior and on psn you always lose connection. i have experience of both and for me i lost connection more on xbox live. also psn was free. so to me it was superior.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Squiffy wrote: »
    You asked for proof, it was provided, so you change the subject. Nice.

PSN was the subject of the longest outage (24 days!) and saw the biggest data breach in history. In reliability terms it has been by far the worst. That is a simple fact, not an opinion.
    your whole argument seems to be based on this. what is relevant is what people experience as a whole.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Exactly, it boils down to personal preference. Like most things.

To me XBL is not the superior service. In fact, I honestly believe, neither is better than the other after using both services for considerable periods. I just prefer PSN because most of my friends use it.
  • Squiffy
    Squiffy Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    your whole argument seems to be based on this. what is relevant is what people experience as a whole.

But we weren't talking about the service as a whole, we were talking about reliability.

If you are taking the service as a whole, then of course it will be down to opinion and not fact as different people will value some features over others.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Squiffy wrote: »
    But we weren't talking about the service as a whole, we were talking about reliability.

If you are taking the service as a whole, then of course it will be down to opinion and not fact as different people will value some features over others.
    an incident that happened a long time ago is a weak argument. of course it is a flaw that is fair to point out. i just think what happened isnt enough to say psn is bad and xbox live is good simply because it hasnt happened on that yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure