XBOX ONE or PS4

Options
hey everyone... This christmas I am going to buy either an XBOX ONE or PS4...

Historically I am a Playstation fan but I am hearing great things about both consoles...

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Hodge4ever
    Options
    Unless there are console specific games or you have more friends with one particular console then I personally think that either console would be great, you certainly shouldn't be disappointed with either.

Personally I was a PS fan (for 1 & 2) but got converted when I got a 360, now I'd class myself as firmly in the Microsoft camp. The only reason I bought a PS3 was for GT5!

I don't buy into the whole console fan-boy thing, both have their strengths & weaknesses. The MSE answer is too go for the PS4 as it's definitely cheaper + seems to have the graphic advantage but the X1 has the Kinect included and IMO offers a better on-line experience. On paper it also offers the better multimedia experience so that could be a deciding factor as well.

Also I'm not a fan on the new PS controller (though I never liked the original - too light), the trackpad just seems an after thought.

The other point is size, the X1 is absolutely huge compared to the PS4 and it needs a seperate power brick whereas the PS4's is built-in.
  • mdkyoshi
    mdkyoshi Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Basically, PS4 is solely for gaming, Xbox is more of an entertainment centre.

I prefer PS4, because i only want to play games, rarely bother with motion sensor stuff and dont care about implementing TV onto my games console.

Also theres a large price difference, PS4 is £350, Xbox is £430.

Games actually look crisper and sharper on the PS4, as its slightly more powerful.

But yeah, also depends on your stance on Kinect, a lot of people think its a bit crap, some love it.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 December 2013 at 5:00PM
    Options
    Look at the games that are out or due to come out (with definite release dates) on each console, check out reviews for these games and ask yourself do any of them take your fancy ?
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hey everyone... This christmas I am going to buy either an XBOX ONE or PS4...

Historically I am a Playstation fan but I am hearing great things about both consoles...

Any thoughts?
    based on what we know now ps4 is the way to go but that could have changed 12/18 months from now. in my opinion ps3 is far superior to the xbox 360. i cant say that when i compare the ps4 to the xbox one.
  • Joe_Boy_1986
    Options
    also as a note, I would think you may struggle to procure either for Christmas
    Knowledge is a tool, and like all tools, its impact is in the hands of the user.
  • the_h3llraiser
    Options
    As I have a huge friend list on Xbox one plus all my gamscores on an xbox . for me it will be the Xbox but depends on friends really.
    Plus titanfalls at the minute is only being released on xbox .
    But ps4 gets killzone.
    So its really a choice of what u want rather then which is best.
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There really isn't much actual difference between either system at this stage as the games look virtually identical on both. Decide on which exclusive games you think you would prefer. The xbox is dearer but it is designed to be more than just a console.

That said, you will probably really struggle to get either before Christmas as any stock coming in is likely to be straight back out the door.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ford1981 wrote: »
    i prefer PS4, not just im a Sony Console Collector. I believe that Jap Electronics are far more better and more durable compared to electronics made from US. And also Japanese game developers are really excellent and more creative when it comes to making its games.

A collector?
    As in 4 consoles?
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Easy peasy.

PS4.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • pictona
    pictona Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    ps4 any day of the week. Two people i know had xbox 1's that broke within two days of use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure