XBOX ONE or PS4

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    matilda.cs wrote: »
    I own a ps4 and it has a few glitches. Eg, the camera sends voice chat when playing COD, and can't turn it off... But these are little bugs that can be fixed with the next patch.
    It's worth noting that the ps4 has better graphics and you get a free game a month. Resogun is amazing.
    Also, ps4 is winning the next gen race. For a reason?

seriously, can we have balanced replys here
    If better graphics are the key,then why did people buy a PS2 & not an Xbox?
  • custardy
    Options
    I disagree with people saying the Xbone is an entertainment centre but the PS4 is not. That's simply untrue because they are BOTH entertainment centres. In fact the PS3 and 360 were too!

Both get catch up TV (4OD, BBCi, etc) both get Netflix and LoveFilm, both can store or stream music, you can watch DVDs on both, you can play CDs, you can play games (obvs), they both have web browsers, both have video chat, etc etc.

The biggest differences won't become apparent til later. Personally I would go for PS4 because he Playstation studios make better games in my opinion. You often hear of people buying a PS3 for a specific game even though they had an alternative console but it's rare to hear that about the Xbox (I have never actually heard of anyone doing that!).

Come on!
    The only game i ever played on PS3 was Killzone
    Plenty of others folks bought 360s for the likes of Forza,Halo
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    seriously, can we have balanced replys here
    If better graphics are the key,then why did people buy a PS2 & not an Xbox?

That was a slightly different comparison. The ps2 was the sequel to a massively successful console whereas the xbox was completely new and had no brand loyalty. The xbox also launched a year and a half after the ps2 so ps2 had all the momentum.

That said I imagine price and availability will be the biggest factor, as mentioned above.
  • custardy
    Options
    That was a slightly different comparison. The ps2 was the sequel to a massively successful console whereas the xbox was completely new and had no brand loyalty. The xbox also launched a year and a half after the ps2 so ps2 had all the momentum.

That said I imagine price and availability will be the biggest factor, as mentioned above.

Yes and at the time the usual line form the P$ camp was its about gameplay,not graphcs ;)
    I'm open. For me its the console that has the games I want and maybe some add on features i may use
  • frugal_mike
    Options
    Well ultimately gameplay is what matters, but given most games are cross platform the gameplay should be the same on both. I haven't even seen either systems in real life yet though so won't be making a decision for some time. Ideally i'd get both, but at nearly £1000 for the pair that isn't likely!
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Im amazed M$ gifted such a large price difference to Sony

it was the other way round for 360/ps3 wasnt it? i think the 360 launched at something like £280 while the ps3 was well over £400 at launch wasnt it?
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Come on!
    The only game i ever played on PS3 was Killzone
    Plenty of others folks bought 360s for the likes of Forza,Halo
    what about uncharted 2 and 3?
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Ideally i'd get both, but at nearly £1000 for the pair that isn't likely!
    yes wait for a price drop. by then there will be more games available as well.
  • legendtobe
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend buying any kind of new console fresh off the release. They usually have issues, like the XBOX ONE's disk drive problem, and the PS4s being dead on arrival.
  • frugal_mike
    Options
    yes wait for a price drop. by then there will be more games available as well.

Absolutely. I view this as the perfect time to play all the current gen games I never got around to. Hopefully the prices for those will fall now they're 'obsolete'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure