Ladies let me ask you a question

Options
If your boyfriend/hubby gave you this a pressie for xmas what would you think ?
http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-7-1994/30764559

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends on the taste of the woman.

Personally I'd hate it, as I never wear gold (white or otherwise) jewellery and find heart shapes and diamonds/white crystals to be a thoughtless fall back for people buying jewellery. As tbh all sparkly hearts look the same to me and show a lack of interest in the types of thing I'd actually wear (coloured stones, silver, unusual shapes and designs).

On the other hand my Mum and sister would love it.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • arbroath_lass
    Options
    I agree with scubaangel. It depends. I love jewellery but it's not for me. Maybe, if I was 18 and in love...?
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It wouldn't be something I would choose myself.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Don't like it at all but I guess there will be some ladies that will.
  • Bella73
    Bella73 Posts: 547 Forumite
    Options
    Not keen on it at my age (40) but would of happily worn it when I was about 18 to 22 sort of age group.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jewellery is quite personal, and something one person likes is not guaranteed to be liked by the next person.

Personally I don't like it, but I know others that definitely would.

Are you thinking of this for a gift? If so, think about the type and style of jewellery they currently wear - is it similar style?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Personally, I think it's hideous.

And whenever I see the word 'Swarovski' I think 'cheap and tacky' - I may be wrong about that, but it's what I think.

However ... if that's the kind of thing the lady wears, by all means go ahead.

I'd be relieved to find you hadn't paid 'full price' for it.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Estateprincess
    Options
    I received this for my birthday just under a month ago. I love it; it isn't garish in real life and is quite small and delicate. I've worn it on several occasions and had many compliments on it. My one friend was dropping hints to her OH to ask my OH where he got it from.

I normally only wear white gold jewellery and only small/dainty pieces, I don't like large jewellery.

If it is of any use I'm 27 and my friend is also 27.

As previoulsy mentioned, compare it to what the lady in question already wears and that should help you decide.
    2014 - This is Our Year :j
  • LE3
    LE3 Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well of the ladies I know, L (early 40s) would hate it - but she doesn't wear "sparkly" at all
    K would love it (mid 30s)
    C would be ok with it - neither love it or nor hate it (mid 30s)
    A would absolutely adore it (early 20s)

It's quite a young set so bear that in mind :)
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    without meaning to sound too shallow, if my boyfriend gave me a jewellery set that cost £19 from groupon, I wouldn't be chuffed.

but then again, he buys his shirts from Hugo Boss and will think nothing of spending £100 on a night out, so I guess it's all relative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure