Changing digs and coming out of my cave... for a wee while atleast :)

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still quietly stalking my hero, gonna have to get a MSP or MP or someone to give me the heads up when he is next about, kinda glad i am not on facebook as they keep posting photos with him and i get all jelous lol ... twitter is bad enough with them all smiling at me and texting me their pics ... grrrrr :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ach well I am sure I will get to meet him soon enough:T:T
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    the reason i was given ( well i think it is a little bit more complicated than this ) is that the book of faces only allow real peoples names to be used, and apparently the name i chose ( some of you will know it) was not real...

Now there is a wee add on however, I had just finished a wee convo on a debating page where i had to point out someone was in fact mistaken, the truth is it was a down right lie, however, i did not state you little liar, instead i came back with the fact and highlighted where i sourced it from, ten mins later i was booted, now i didnt swear, i was not aggressive, I approached the subject matter in a kindve, yeah i can see why you would believe that as it is easy to believe, however when we look at xxxxxx and xxxxxxx and then think about xxxxx then we can see that there is some mistaken belief that yyyyyyy is in fact the case,

oh dear ... such a shame :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It's likely the other person reported you to Facebook for having a false name - Facebook do not trawl through pages and pages to find made up names.

No doubt the person you kindly pointed out was wrong did it out of spite as they knew you were right.
  • elantan
    edited 17 March 2015 at 11:38AM
    Options
    Hi Eager :) yep that was the conclusion I came to as well :) it seems someone didnt like the truth pointed out .... but then when pointed out to facebook they had to act as my name on facebook was clearly not a real name ... I did like it though :) ach well facebook will need me before i need facebook :) and I reckon they wont ever need me either lol

In other news, I seem to have a few people on the look out for my hero just now so stalker mode is in full swing, I found some information out last night that will mean before very long I will be ( hopefully) meeting said person, dont want to go into details just yet, but once I manage the meet I will post, getting this info from a wide variety of sources now ... who needs facebook lol

Covert operation is a go ... sometime in the near future:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I feel like this is all part of a Terry Pratchet book and I am one of his hapless characters :cool::o;):rotfl::rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are worse places to be than a Terry Pratchett book :) good for you!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • elantan
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    There are worse places to be than a Terry Pratchett book :) good for you!

There most certainly are ... Loved his books :)
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    There most certainly are ... Loved his books :)

If you'd never read one El, as I haven't, which one would you start with?
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    If you'd never read one El, as I haven't, which one would you start with?

Oh good, I was wondering that but wasn't brave enough to 'fess up on my own to not having read any :rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • elantan
    Options
    I personally like masquerade, it has the witches in it. ( my fave characters) Death and the silliness that is the world of theatre. Its not a popular book though as far as I'm aware,

The back ground of his writing is serious, he take a view of society from his perspective, then funnies it up :)

For me masquerade was laugh out loud on public transport with people staring at you, some with a knowing smile, some as if you have two heads :)

Anyone else wanna chip in with a good book to start with ?
  • elantan
    Options
    Big exam day today, but I am far too busy plotting my next covert operation, it's much more exciting and is keeping any nerves at bay :)

Am managing to pay dribs and drabs off the mortgage, not always a lot but as much as I can comfortably afford

Missed the Autora Borealis last night as well, my sky was covered in fog.... Sigh ... Think that will be Skinty and my next covert operation ;) you in Skinty ?
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in, saw a fab pic taken in Harris last night - will try and whatsapp it later, you are missed on the book of faces!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2400/7000

Mortgage balance: £52212

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills